Wednesday 9 November 2022

Spellbound mixed media canvas by Lori Woods

Hello creative friends!

Although Halloween is over, there's something magical about this time of year as the nights get darker, the air gets crisper and we start to prepare for the festive season. I wanted to create a project for this magical mood and of course, Finnabair Metalllique and Sparks paints were a perfect fit!


I started by creating a background using stencil and chipboard pieces.  I built up lots of different mould elements and mechanicals across the background, making a focal point using the large lock mould from Locks and Keys. I then covered everything with black gesso.


There’s a fantastic range of colours in the Metallique and Sparks paints range but I decided to mix some of them together to create slightly different shades. I added each bit of colour and allowed it to dry after each layer to avoid muddying the colours together. The paints are permanent when dry so you can happily paint over other colours without them mixing together!


When I was happy with the colours I used the White Pearl wax to highlight different areas and to tie all the elements together. A little splatter with Titanium acrylic paint and some microbeads were the final touches.

You can watch the process video below and hopefully it inspires you to create your own magical project.


Products I have used - all the images linked to Mixed Media Place online store:

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...