Sunday 10 May 2020

May Art Recipe

Hello friends,

It's May here and we would like to show you a colour palette that is totally non typical for May :) Yellow, indigo and grey is not a common combo for May. But we are here to inspire you and to challenge you a bit, so if you want to allow your imagination wander not only around pink, green and blue, here it is - our May Art Recipe.

Just to make sure, you are all well informed, we would like to let you know, that challenges will be going live usually each second Sunday of the month. So please do not be surprised, that Inlinkz is closed the day before. Please keep that in mind planning your entering the challenge :) because we love your projects so much and we do not want to lose any of them!

The rules are very simple. Each challenge consists of colour palette and products. You need to stick to the colour palette and use at least 2 of the products listed in a challenge.

Products to choose from:
Art Alchemy: Wax
Art Basics: Plaster Paste
Art Ingredients:  Melange
Art Alchemy:  Impasto Paint 

The colours: indigo, yellow, grey




If the products on your project are not easy to recognize, please add in description information, where exactly we can see them.

Challenge is open till June, 13th. The winner will be invited to be Guest Designer on our blog.


This month Guest Designer is Quaterliszka:


instagram
youtube
facebook


Hello friends!
Being invited as a Guest Designer is like a dream come true. As an inspiration for this Recipe I’ve altered a sardines can. I wanted to remind myself that abandoned things can be a treasure too.






After glueing everything with Heavy Body Gel and sealing with black gesso, I started painting with Impasto Paint in Cobalt.  Just love these paints for their versatility an richness of colour. And Cobalt is my absolute numer one! Next to Stormy Ocean Metallique Paint I added for a little spark. When the piece was dry, I added some finishing touches with Aged Brass Metallique Wax. It revealed all the details so beautifully!



I’m so grateful, I could share this piece with you. Hope you enjoy it.
Hugs,
Quaterliszka






Inspiration from our Design Team:



I created a mixed media tag using a lot of pieces from Finn's moulds. I added some plaster paste with a stencil and then started layering everyone together.







I added some white art alchemy wax to highlight details.





Hi everyone!
For my today's inspiration with May Art Recipe I have created a tag with a window for you. It was created on the HDF base, on which I glued pieces of cardboard and scraps of paper. Then I secured everything with a Finnabair White Gesso.



Then some places I filled in the Paste Plaster. After drying, I added pieces of crumpled fabric. The next elements are a smaller tag and a window which I glued with Soft Matte Gel. I added cardboard between these elements to make the project more layered. I also added HDF cogs, Finnabair metal accessories and cabochons in various sizes.




To this something I love, a few dried sticks. I secured these elements with Clear Gesso. Then I went to paint the whole composition. I used yellow acrylic paint, a mixture of white and black to create a shade of gray. A bit of brown in a few points. Finally, the project was splashed with the colors previously used at work.



I invite you to take part and have fun with Art Recipe and submit your projects;))
Hugs,
Kasia Salmanowicz 



Hi, creative friends! The colors of May Art Recipe - indigo, yellow and grey inspired me to create fairy tale house that placed among the clouds.




I used tissue paper "Solar" to created 1st layer of background, and Plaster paste, White Sand paste and Impasto paints Cobalt and Eggplant for 2nd layer.




Matte wax Charcoal Black gives amazing dark grey color and I used this wax to color some of my decorative elements. Other elements I covered with metallic acrylic paints and metallic waxes Vintage Gold, Aged Brass.



I've combined in my composition elements from paper, metal, clay, natural elements and I also used art stones Melange as a transparent cover for photos from stickers set Photobooth.

Hugs, NastyaLena
(aka Anastasia Korvyakova)


* * * * * * * *

1. Create a project with our colour scheme and 2 products from 4 listed at the beginning of this blog post
2. If any products are not well visible on the project, please leave an information where to find them on your project in description on your blog
3. Enter using Inlinkz below.


Challenge will be closed on June 13th. Lucky winner will be announced by the end of June.
We hope you feel inspired and we can't wait to see your projects :)

You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!
Click here to enter

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...