Monday 18 November 2019

Perpetual calendar by Anastasia Korvyakova

Hello mixed media fans! Today I would want to inspire you with vintage home decor, I have made perpetual calendar. The such thing might be a beautiful decoration of your home or wonderful gift on Christmas!


With this my work I want to show you how to turn out simple thing into vintage one with Finnabair Impasto acrylic paints, Liquid acrylic paints and waxes.




The first of all I have covered all sides of cubes and box with Impasto acrylic paint "Linen". Then, for cubes I used mix of liquid acrylic paint "Burnt Sienna", and then metallique wax Bronze Age for edges. On the box I applied paint Burn Sienna with sponge. I covered the blocks for the name of the months with liquid acrylic paints of different colors - Tiger Orange, Ultramarine, Avocado Green, Purple. This gave me a vibrant color that I made less vivid with Bronze Age wax. At the end of working with blocks, I highlighted the edges, a bit with Vintage Gold wax.


I gathered the decorative composition on the top of the box using natural objects, such as wooden sticks, part of a real hazelnut (the part in which the nut grows, I found it on some Paris street), and metal embellishments from various sets of Mechanicals by Finnabair. To combine different surfaces into a harmonious composition and make it a little more colorful, I used Metallique Acrylic Paints and waxes.
I prepared video tutorial and I hope that it inspires you to create something vintage and beautiful!





Video tutorial:



Hugs,
NastyaLena
(aka Anastasia Korvyakova)


Products I have used - all the images linked to Mixed Media Place online store:


1 comment:

Miranda Slagboom-de Groot said...

This is awesome.
Hugs Miranda

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...