Monday 22 April 2019

"Sweet moments" with mixed media cupcakes by Aleksandra Mihelic

Hi dear Finnabair friends.

I hope you've had a lovely weekend and Easter holidays, if you celebrate it. These days were quite busy for me, as a mom of three young children, I was jumping from baking, cooking, cleaning and all the way to creating. And while in my head I searched for the idea what to prepare for you as my new inspiration, I decided I'll go with "baking" here too. :) I made these sweet mixed media cupcakes with lots of my favourite Finnabair supplies. So sit back with a cup of coffee or tea and enjoy some sweet moments with me. :)







I first glued my cupcake papercups together with hot glue. I decided to not go with gel medium, because it's wet and this could warp my cupcake papercups. Hot glue does the opposite and gives them more sturdyness. Then I colored my papercups with different Impasto paints. I added some felting wool inside as a batter and some cotton wool as a frosting. I colored "batter" with Impasto and yellow rust paste and on the "frosting" I added some paper texture paste, some Unicorn paste and some glitter. At the end I added some colored mechanicals and added some touches with matching rust and texture pastes and some micro beads.







You can follow my tutorial on Finnabair youtube channel if you want to create some sweet cupcakes by yourselves:


I hope you enjoyed my sweet inspiration for today and I'm hoping I'll be able to see some of your versions of cupcakes being inspired by this tutorial.

Thank you for stopping by and joining me.
Enjoy your day and see you soon!

Hugs, Aleksandra


Products I have used - all the images linked to Mixed Media Place online store:

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...