Friday 28 September 2018

Free to fly

Dear friends,
My new Icing Pastes are very versatile. My talented team uses them in so many creative ways! Today Tanyalee Kahler shows you her art-journal spread with amazing flowers. Delicious video tutorial showing how she created these amazing 3D petals with Icing Pastes awaits you.


*  *  *  *

I was so excited when it was finally time to start playing with the new Icing Pastes from Finnabairs collection. They had been sitting on my shelf for some time waiting for the right time. 

My favourite creative genre is art journaling so I pulled out my Moleskine Watercolour journal and glued in a collage layer. I used vintage book paper and a napkin that I separated. I loved the floral print on the napkin and decided to use that as a starting point for working with the icing pastes.


I wanted the pastes to create some texture and represent the petals of the flowers. So, I went about painting the different colours onto the spread.

I also knew I wanted to create a whimsical feel and chose a sweet young girl from an ephemera collection and added some butterfly wings to make her into a fairy. I used the Don’t Forget to Fly cling stamp set to stamp some butterflies on deli paper for it’s transparency.


And as a final touch I added some fairy dust in the form of glitter and glass glitter to various parts of the spread.

Some hidden journaling filled the remaining white space, and a sentiment sticker created my title.






I hope you have taken some inspiration from my spread. And please try to get your hands on some of the beautiful new icing pastes. They are delightful to work with.




Products I have used - all the images linked to Mixed Media Place online store:

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...