Monday 24 September 2018

For vintage music lover

Hi my lovelies,
Being a scrapbooker or a mixed-media artist we have an ability to create personalized gifts. Our friends, our closest ones are people, we know well, so we can prepare something, that will be awesome surprise for them. Marta altered a paper box using an old audio cassette. Isn't it a brilliant idea?!


*  *  *  *

Hello friends! It's Marta here. Today for you I prepared mixed media home decor piece, which was created for someone, who loves vintage music and old tapes. I mixed vintage style with some mechanical elements and metallic shine.




I used paper round box, which you can decorate in any possible way you want. At first I decided to cover it with a layer of black gesso. I used wide brush to create smooth, matte surface in the background. 






Later on I applied Icing Paste through the checkered stencil. It created a lovely, shiny pattern. I love Icing Paste, it has an amazingly rich color and beautiful, sparkling shine.


I added some metal elements, mechanicals, melange art pebbles, mini knobs, gears etc to create interesting details in the background. I covered them with black gesso again. I used an audio cassette as the main element of the composition on the box. I added tiny metal wings and a mini knob and I covered cassette with black gesso.


In the end I covered cassette and metal elements with mixed waxes to blend a few colors together. I used four colors of waxes to create rich, shiny surface. I applied waxes with a brush.
You can use even an old cassette to create personalized, special gift. All you have to do is to add a bit of your heart, a drop of creativity and some lovely Finnabair products!




Products I have used - all the images linked to Mixed Media Place online store:


Icing paste to Vintage Gold #966164

2 comments:

Wendy Lambert said...

Love this! The layers together just create a beautiful effect!

mamablitger said...

Marta you did a great job on this little box. It turned out so cute and with exciting texture and colors. Thank you so much for sharing your creativity.
Hugs from Monica
Spain

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...