Monday 10 September 2018

Canvas "My universe"

Hi my friends,
Sometimes less is more - this applies especially to color palettes. You know, that I like to focus on one or two leading colors in my projects. Today Olya created beautiful canvas with shades of blue on black and white background, that look almost like frosted!  Watch her video tutorial for all techniques she used.


*  *  *  *

Hello there lovely creative friends!
Today I'd like to share with you my brand new inspiration - a mixed media canvas.



The universe is in each of us and my project is kind of a little space. I wanted to create a textural and three-dimensional project and during the process I completely immersed in creativity. It was so difficult for me to stop, because it's so exciting to use paints!



I want to tell you about the creative process behind this project. For a start, I made a fascinating and interesting texture on the canvas. I used Texture Paste - Black Sand, Plaster Paste and I added some Art Stones. To create shadows and a dark background, I added new and simply unique Texture Fantasy - Old Walls. I added Texture Paste - Graphite to get more interesting and diverse effect. I have used the same paste to cover metal elements and moulds. To create a composition I used mechanicals, chipboard pieces and moulds. All these products created just magical volume!



And of course I added colors for that created beautiful effect you can see on the photos. I chose new, beautiful paints - Opal Magic. They shimmer incredibly beautiful! Be sure to try this product on both white and black background!



I created a spiral effect using a light paste from the set Texture Fantasy - Old Walls. Now it looks almost like a universe. A little more glitter and a few Diamond Art Pebbles and the project is ready!



This time I can not say that everything was easy. But I can say unequivocally that it was exciting and fascinating! I really enjoyed using mixed media products from Finnabair! And believe me, if you try it once, you can not refuse!

I invite you to watch my video tutorial to see the whole process of creating my project. Enjoy!



I really hope that I was able to inspire you!
Be inspired by the new materials because they are simply amazing! Create simple things but put your heart in them. Then your creations be unique. Remember that you are beautiful and everything that you create will be beautiful!
With love, Olya.



Products I have used - all the images linked to Mixed Media Place online store:


1 comment:

Cathy (Katy) said...

This is a beautiful project. So many wonderful textures and the icy blue result is breathtaking.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...