Monday 30 July 2018

Altered box tutorial by Tanyalee

Hi guys,

Experimenting with new products, new textures, new materials is an essential part of being an artist. I suppose we all love to discover the new. Today Tanyalee will show you her attempt at using Finnabair's new products. 

*  *  *  *

Hi everyone, Tanyalee here with an altered box tutorial.

This month I have jumped into the altered product artwork scene and am upcycling a box I found in my drawers. And I am experimenting with Finnabair’s new products as well!


I had this box in my stash of ‘things I can’t throw away’ hoping the right project would come along to make something with it. And when the new rust effect pastes, and opal magic paints arrived I knew they would be perfect!

I started off by covering the box with a coat of heavy gesso and then started adding texture with gauze, pieces of vintage book paper and string. Then I added some of the beautiful pale blue and green rust effect pastes from the Northern Lights range, as well as some paper paste. My colour scheme of ended up being pink and blue tones, so I chose matching opal magic paints and watered them down with my water spritzer.


Next I chose an alterable flower and some paper ribbon and glued that down using 3D Matte Gel. I keep adding colour until I was happy with the tones and then decided on the new melange and adhered them, along with some glitter.




Here is my video tutorial:







This project was really quick to put together and I love the pastel colour scheme.


I hope you have enjoyed this tutorial, and I look forward to sharing another tutorial with you again next month.

Yours in messiness
Tanyalee



Products I have used - all the images linked to Mixed Media Place online store



Other supplies:

Vintage Book Pages
Gauze

String
Box

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...