Friday 8 May 2015

Under Control

Happy Friday, Everyone!
It's time for another beautiful inspiration from my Creative Team!
Not only did Olga create a beautiful and thought-provoking assemblage, but she also prepared for us a true Art Ingredients feast! See for yourselves...


The world demands from us accurateness and appropriateness. We are tied with bans and wound up playing our roles.
This thought has sparkled me to create a shadowbox on bonds and norms.


I started with applying a coat of Heavy White Gesso onto a wooden box. Then I arranged a figurine along with cogs, gears and other Mechanicals.
I glued the composition thanks to 3D Gloss Gel which I also applied on the whole surface.

When the shadowbox was slightly damp, I painted it with Mica Powders in rusty tones. Dry Powders stuck nicely to Gel and Gesso which had primed all the sleek surfaces.


Then I sprinkled the composition with Glass Glitters in muted colors. When they dried, I entwined the figurine with wires on which I strung a few Glass Beads in Zinc. I wanted to emphasize the bonds which make us so limited and blocked.

As my finishing touch I decided to paint the frame with watered down Copper Crackle Texture Paste which I applied here and there with my finger.


I fixed a small wodden block as a pedestal which was also treated with a coat of Copper Paste and embellished with three Stars Brads in line.
I also decided to highlight the focal element with a pinch of dark Art Sugar and blue Glitters from the Caribbean Sea set.


I wish you a wonderful weekend without any boundaries. :)
Olga


Materials used:


3 comments:

talkis23 said...

thanks for Sharing I love it

Unknown said...

This is really unique Olga. I love your thoughts about it. So true. Thanks so much for sharing. j.

Mona Pendleton said...

Stunning!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...