Thursday 10 October 2013

Shortie: Recycled Vintage Pin

One of the most important thing on my long TO-DO list is creating more projects which I could actually wear... pins, brooches, pendants, necklaces and bracelets are all waiting in a row to be done. I'm dying to have more time to put my inky fingers on my rubbish collection and combine them with Prima Mechanicals to create something wearable and exciting! One-of-a kind, unique, inspiring accessories are the coolest add-on to everybody's outfit, right? So, why not me???

Here is my first project which I wanted to share with you - Vintage Pin with a dose of artistic recycling. I honestly can't wait to start wearing it (am I slightly obsessed? Definitely.)

Self-made Pin

Self-made Pin

Supplies:
Prima Marketing - Mechanicals (Rose, Mini Flower, Bottle Cap, Trinkets, Brad, Jump Rings, Pin), Vintaj Patina, hot glue gun or any other glue suitable for metal, pen nibs and stocking buckle or similar findings, tiny piece of canvas or felt.


And now time for Shortie!


All you need to create similar projects is good glue, Mechanicals and some exciting flea market/home findings :) The process of constructing was great fun!


I used some hot glue to mount pen nibs (it will be easier for me to deconstruct the project in the future - hot glue is not 100% permanent with metal :)) and a brad to fasten the whole brooch together. A piece of canvas protects the brad from being accidentally moved or opened.


When the project is  constructed it is possible to color it with your favorite paints suitable for coloring metal. I used Vintaj Patina for painting my brooch: it was applied with paintbrushes and sanded a bit after drying to get more vintage, distressed look.

I hope you like it and ideas are coming to you already!
Please remember: I'm always excited and happy to see your interpretation of "wearable art" with my collections:)  If you'd like to share your ideas for similar altered projects please leave me the link - I'd to my best to visit you and have a closer look :)
See you soon.. :)
hugs

24 comments:

Art Joy of Sharing with Peg and Shel said...

Love this. I was at Vintaj Earth today.

CAVI said...

Estupendo, una gran idea.

Unknown said...

Really love this brooch Finn. Your very talented and such an inspiration.

Scrapidea said...

This one looks really grungy :-) I love it.

...the yorkshire fox... said...

...beyond stunning!!! love it :)))x

Jenny Marples said...

Absolutely gorgeous! LOVE this use for metal embellishments. As ever, you are incredibly inventive. Jenny x

Sandra said...

Looks fabulous but I hope no one gets to close to the nibs. :)

Scrapalex37/LaLouvea2Têtes said...

C'est magnifique !
Thanks for sharing your talent with us !
I have a question: i'm searching for similar paints in France, the ones we used in Tours on sunday: Silks glaze acrylic. Have you got any name's product to tell me ?
Thanks a lot

finnabair said...

It was Luminarte - Sils Acrylic Glaze. I don't know where it is available in France, but we have some in Mixed Media Place - online shop :)

Carol said...

Amazing. Beautifully done!

Sharon Y said...

Fantastic! Love how you incorporated the pen nibs and garter clasp.

Val-Belle said...

This is just amazing. I just love the things you are able to create. A class with you is on my bucket list :D

dekoMagJa said...

Coś niesamowitego. Super. Pozdrawiam

Minxy said...

I too love to make stuff I can wear, These is really cool xo Can't wait to see more of your collection xo

Krisha said...

Yummy gorgeous broach!!!

Carol McCready said...

Love it. I have some old fountain pen nibs that I've been collecting, can't wait to start playing with them.

Licho_Nie_Spi said...

Mam trochę takich łapek do pończoch, pozyskanych po babci i prababci :)
Świetny pomysł!

Brenda said...

This is brilliant I love it Thankyou for sharing this...

silvergran said...

Fabulous brooch! Looking forward to seeing more designs!
Off to fossick in my collection...

Tam Francis said...

Okay, this is FREAKIN awesome. We're doing a play right now with a steampunk theme and this is right there! I write a lot of vintage stuff girlinthejittebugdress.com and I've been toying with the idea of making some steampunk stuff and I am SOOOOO inspired. Thank you !

corinne de france MARCH said...

magnifique
corinne

Yasmin said...

It's just one thing to say: You FREAKIN' rock!! :D :D

AngelicaS said...

LOVE IT!!
Love the stocking buckle and the pen nibs. A stunning creation!

Von said...

A fab unique brooch love it :)
Von ♥

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...