Saturday 26 October 2013

My Art Journey

Hi, everyone!
If I were to write about my art journey, it would take a reaaally long post... ;)
So today let me just show you my visual take on the theme.


art journey

This layout is a project made for Harsh & Soft class from my Industrial Baroque series of workshops.
I love this class because that's when I can convince you that grunge can be feminine, eclectic and a little wild. :)


art journey (detail)


Supplies I used here are: my Mechanicals embellishments (including metal labels), pieces of various resist canvas from my Elementals collection, gesso and LuminArte paints.


art journey (detail)

Harsh & Soft class is also about looking at embellishments and everyday objects with a fresh eye.
Which is exactly what I did here.
And here's a question for you - who doesn't like a good guessing game, right? ;) -
When you look closer at the plastic gear right between my photo and the "journey" label - can you guess where it came from?
Hint, hint: it's a part from one of well-known and widely used craft tools...
Any ideas, dear friends? :)


[EDIT]: So, yes - you guessed! The gear came from the inside of E-Z Runner by Scrapbook Adhesives. Well-done guessing! ;)

Have an artful weekend!
Hugs

p.s. In case you missed this week's big news, hop over and read why Andrew and I are so thrilled! ;)

19 comments:

Camille said...

Does it come from a big shot ?

ellen vargo designs said...

Love the layout... is that plastic gear from the inside of a tape runner? I do recognize it! Genius idea! :)

Evelyn Walter said...

Wonderful LO again - I love your work, dear Anna! The plastic gear is out of a tape runner for sure (I saved one last week out of a empty one).
Dear Anna, do you come to Germany again? Especially to Bavaria? I really would LOVE to get in one of your classes to learn from you.
Have a nice weekend

Amanda Trought said...

I think all your layouts are absolutely gorgeous, congratulations on the new online store!

- elbeth - said...

Yep, it's from the inside of a tape runner. I'm positive! :D

Lynne J said...

It's from a roll of tape or a tape runner, right?? I love the way you use this and that, and have started saving more stuff to use on this type of page-thanks for the inspiration!!

Words and Pictures said...

Fabulous layout, and brilliant use of the gear!!
Alison x

Siobhan Brignull said...

oh ellen beat me to it I thought a tape runner too. Am only new to your blog and loving your style, I find it hard to put one embellishment on my work as I think of how much they cost, I really need to let go, because your work is simply stunning. Also I do have a small craft shop in my home. LOL

Linda Simpson said...

WOW Finn this is absolutely stunning! I just love visiting to see your amazing creations.

Hugs
Linda xxx

Scrapoochi said...

I collect them too (from the print roller hihihi)

kateri said...

Fantastic. I'm one your fans who always study your work in minute detail. It's so fun to keep us guessing! Best of luck on your new adventure. I'm in the midst of placing an order, but have a few details to work out.

Rita said...

I guess everyone's already given the answer Finn. Another of your beautiful art work. Magnificent page. Hugs from Scotland. Rita xxx

Unknown said...

Love the lAYOUT WITH ALL THE METAL, FLOWERS, TEXTURE, AND UPCYCLED PART FROM ATG GUN.

finnabair said...

Thank you so much guys... And yes of course, it is a piece from e-z runner... :)

Anonymous said...

Great use of that tape runner gear Ania! I love your layout!
Alison xx

Wilma Voermans said...

Another super layout in your style. Love the feminine-grunge look ! It is so fun to use stuff from life on projects. Since I am scrapbooking the boys are worried I become a old lady one time surrounded by trash! :)

Sue said...

Such a lot of detail and the colour is divine.

Annie said...

Hi Anna I love your stunning layout. So wonderfully creative and I had such fun at Glasgow. :-)

See you soon at Wirksworth

TFS Annie x

Janene said...

I NEED to take this class. Beautiful!!!! Love the contrast.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...