Wednesday 21 April 2021

Lost at Sea Altered coffee tin by Iveta Ziedina

Hello my friends!

Today I have a functional and pretty project to share with you, altered tea bag coffee tin!

I came across this sad lonely tin in my local shop sale section and I just had to take it home and give it a makeover, because no tin should look so sad and boring, at least in my opinion.

I decided this tin was perfect for some all round decoupage, well, how could I not, 4 perfectly flat sides, it would be a crime not to!

So I picked out the parts of Science Lover tissue paper that I thought fitted the best and glued them on using Soft gloss gel.


I used White Gold Icing paste to add some raised stencil effect to get some texture going, and it also very conveniently helped hide the seams where two pieces of paper overlapped :)

Then, it was time to submerge my tin in the imaginary waters and add some lovely “algae” and Patina looks using waxes, impasto paints and mini art stones!

My favourite part of this project is the little “Pocket watch” trinket with the flower inside, It was one of those details that made e super excited about the whole project!

I hope this project will inspire you to make something that looks like it may have spent some time lost at sea too! ( Not all sea themed projects have to have Nautical elements in them! sometimes it’s enough o add a little bit of algae hehe!)



Lots of love,

Iveta xxx



Products I have used - all the images linked to Mixed Media Place online store:

1 comment:

R's Rue said...

Beautiful 🤩

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...