Friday 16 February 2018

Door Tags Using Rust Pastes

Hi there Dear Readers!
I'm so happy to present Bipasha's latest art pieces and I just can't wait for you to see this... coffee scented texture magic!
Bipasha's also sharing a short video tutorial so you can follow her steps and feel inspired to make some art with us!

*   *   *   *
Hello wonderful creatives,
Today, I decided to share with you two door tags "LOVE" and "BLISS", comparing the effects of two of the Finnabair's new Rust Pastes: Camouflage and Metal.
These tags are plywood based, so to make the surface suitable for mediums and colours, I prepped them with Black and White Gesso.
Black base tag:

Initially I adhered some stained tea bags with 3D Matte Gel onto the tag base. This Gel acts as an excellent adhesive.
Once stuck, I added some coffee stains and Art Stones for detailing. Adding coffee powder to Art Stones and 3D Matte Gel lets you achieve wonderful 'aged' textures.

Then, I stuck some metal embellishments with Heavy Body Gel. Because of its extremely thick, extra heavy body this gel medium is the perfect choice for sticking metal pieces to any mixed media project.
I used the Camouflage Rust set for the black base tag. It is so easy to create a unique steampunk, grunge or masculine project with the Rust Pastes from the Art Extravagance collection by Finnabair for Prima.

These pastes are opaque and thick with a matte, rust-like finish and they're fantastic for giving your projects a rusty texture and adding dimension.
White base tag:

For the white door tag, I used a 'Doily' stencil and created some beautiful textures with Art Extravagance White Crackle Paste mixed with some coffee powder!

I added some coffee stains with diluted coffee to reveal the cracks of the design and toned it down to match the rust colour theme.
The Metal Rust Pastes set is comparatively darker than the Camouflage one, so I used a white base to show its beautiful effect.
The best part about the newly released rust pastes is that they belong to the same colour family and if you are a Finnabair Rust Paste addict like me, there are umpteen possibilities to mix and match them.

Then, some Art Stones and embellisment were stuck to finish the composition and finally, the tag was finished with more Metal Rust Paste.
In the last step, I added some diluted White Gesso splatters on both the door tags followed by some highlights with Metallique Paints.
I have also adhered some random paper strips to add some dimension and interest.
Please, enjoy my video tutorial and see how I created these two mixed media tags step by step.

 



I had a blast using the new Rust Pastes and Metallique acrylic paints and I think only sky is the limit to the countless possibilities of combining these goodness or using them as a stand-alone ingredient to cook your art creations!

I hope I gave you some ideas and your creative fluids would be flowing now! :)

Sending warm hugs,
xo







Products used:

4 comments:

Ula H. said...

This is a great tutorial !!!

Sue Lelli said...

Your door tags are absolutely Beautiful and very inspiring!

NancyO. said...

Love the door tags !! Great video ! Thank you !!!

Unknown said...

Your door tags are absolutely Beautiful and very inspiring!You can find there lot's of free stuff like free Rust skins and many more!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...