Monday 19 June 2017

The Embrace of Memories

Hi Everyone!
Today's new project from my Creative Team is so personal and so moving that it truly doesn't need a lengthy intro...
Karolina is sharing a piece of her heArt in the most beautiful form. See for yourselves!

*   *   *   *
Hello, dear ones!
Today I have for you a new project of mine that is very personal and close to my heart.
I once read a quote by a Polish writer, Jerzy Kosiński, and I think he found the right words that perfectly express my own idea of art:
“The principles of true art is not to portray, but to evoke.”
When I'm looking at the piece I'm presenting today - a mixed media embroidery hoop and the photo of my dad - these words resonate even stronger for me...
We'll be celebrating Father’s Day soon and this project was inspired by the thoughts of my daddy.
Recently, I've been inspired to be using a lot of embroidery hoops in my art.
They are like a special kind of 'canvas', an interesting and original base for all kinds of mixed media creations. The possibilites are really endless here!

In this particular project, I had a lot of fun working with the new Finnabair products like the Impasto Paints and older but equally loved ones like Glitter and Mechanicals embellishments that always add this special touch to every kind of project.
You will see in my video tutorial below that for my hoop I simply used paper (covered with a layer of Clear Gesso) as my background but canvas works brilliant as well!

I also had the idea to use decorative elements made using silicone moulds glued on with 3D Matte Gel - you should really try it - it's a really easy trick that creates fantastic textural effects!
I have to admit that I’m a texture lover and I love rich backgrounds. Working with Stone Effect Pastes is a real treat and always makes my creating process easier. Every additional layer of these pastes makes my textures more intensive and visible. 
 
Different kinds of Finnabair's Art Alchemy acrylic paints perfectly mix with each other and also with water and other media (like for example Stone Effect Pastes).
 
Of course I couldn't resist and just had to use one of my favorite combinations: Glitter together with Art Pebbles.
I used Heavy Body Gel as my adhesive and to make my process cleaner and faster, I poured some of it into a small plastic bottle. The gel dries quite quickly and then becomes completely transparent which means it won't dull the sparkle of the glitter.
And now it's time for the video. :)
I hope you'll enjoy it and feel free to ask any questions you might have, I'll be happy to help.

 
 
 
 
This project is very personal for me and very close to my heart...
 
It's filled with memories, nostalgia and it evokes many of my emotions.
For me personally, that's the whole point of art making.


Happy creating!
xx







Products used:


1 comment:

Jadwiga said...

Ooo!!! Super! mam taki sam tamborek, ale niestety wena wzięła ze mną rozwód :p Pozdrawiam :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...