Wednesday 28 June 2017

Jumping Off Cliffs * Developing Our Wings

Hello my dear Friends!
I'm waving to you from a plane returning from my dream India adventure, and today I'd like to share a special journal spread I made a while ago.
This piece was made in a round robin art journal of a Polish friend of mine.
Our starting point was this beautiful quote by Kurt Vonnegut:

“We have to continually be jumping off cliffs
and developing our wings on the way down.”

You must admit these words are very inspiring. Here's what happened on my desk: :)
I decided to start creating the mood with the atmospheric Cold Country papers from 7 Dots Studio.
Then, a little bit of base texture action with Modeling Paste + stencil, beautiful Lindy's Stamp Gang sprays and - as usual -> some home made tea stains I simply can't do without. :)



Then it was time to create the focal points of my piece - clusters of all kinds of delicious bits and pieces. I looked around my desk and collected bits of chipboards, lace, scraps of different papers and fabric, thread, buttons etc. I believe that these little things can magically carry all kinds of stories.

The main photo comes from 'Flow', one of my favorite magazines, I also added some of my Mechanicals here and there.
The final touches are splatters with white and red Art Alchemy acrylic paints and a pinch of Mini Art Stones and Glitter.
Here you can see the products I used - all available in our Mixed Media Place store:


I really like how these pages turned out, it was a huge joy to create them - expressive without too much of technological fuss - a great way to put some feelings on paper -
- I hope you experience the same joy during your creative process and I hope I inspired you to do some journaling as well!

xxx



3 comments:

Marci said...

I saw this on IG and thought it was stunning. Just something about these pages I love.

Lemon Creation said...

Stunning page and love the quote!

Lisa H said...

this is so lovely!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...