Friday 29 April 2016

Welcome To The Circus!

How are you, Dear Friends?
Are you ready for another amazing project and tutorial from my Creative Team?
Today it's Irina's turn and she's handing us the most beautiful ticket to the ever inspiring world of Circus... :)


Circus? Yes, Circus! :)
I decided to devote my April project to the circus. It is such an unusual, magical place that makes me think of sparkles, vivid colors and mystery. It's a place where miracles happen. So here's my circus themed litlle installation:


If you're feeling tempted to create a minature world of circus in your own home, here's my step by step tutorial:

1. First, I prepared a circus tent pattern cut out of paper. I also cut out small strips that would later go on top of it.


2. I applied some Modeling Paste through a stencil. When the paste was dry, I painted some of the strips using Red Art Alchemy Acrylic Paint. Then, I added a bit of Gold paint accents.


3. The second part of my paper strips I painted with White Crackle Texture Paste. I think the effect is really beautiful!


4. I painted the folds of my tent with Gold paint.


5. Then I glued all the parts together to create my little tent.


Some strips were sewn on the sewing machine. I think this trick added some interesting volume and variety.


6. I glued the red and white strips on my base, added some stars and voilĂ : It's a circus! :)


7. I made the roof of the tent also alternating red and white stripes.


I decided not to glue the roof to the rest of my paper tent beacuse I had this idea that my little instalation could serve as a great hiding place for candy. ;)

I thought I'd add some sparkle and shine and some yummy textures using beautiful Finnabair Art Ingredients. Here you can see the different effects I got and below you will find the list of links to the products I used.


8. Besides the tent, my minature world installation includes trees that I made out of dry twigs and sisal. There are also paper clouds and real moss that makes the grass. And of course there's no circus without tiny flags!





I had so much fun creating this magical world that can fit on my desk. Doesn't it stir your imagination?
I hope you will feel inspired!
Irina

Materials used:

2 comments:

Linda M. Cain said...

Soooo fun!

Brenda Heyward said...

I just love Circus themed stuff..I love the tent and the posters... its awesome!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...