Monday 7 October 2024

Mechanical Aquarium by Lori Woods

Hello creative friends! I recently found an old clock in a thrift store with amazing gears and pieces. I knew I wanted to make it into something special so when I got out my Finnabair Alarm Clock frame, an idea begin to form in my head. What a perfect base for a mechanical aquarium!

I created lots of texture on the metal frame using stencil, sand paste and art stones to create an aged effect. Mould elements combined with clock parts gave the frame a more mechanical style. I used metallic waxes to give a base colour and then impasto and liquid acrylic paints to add areas of detail.








 I coloured mould pieces with Sparks paints and liquid acrylics to give my aquarium elements vibrant colours and then layered these with clock gears to create the underwater scene.

You can watch the whole process here: 



Products I have used - all the images linked to Mixed Media Place or online store:

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...