Thursday 9 May 2024

Bluebird mixed media canvas by Lori Woods

 Hello creative friends! Have you tried the latest wax colours from Finnabair yet? I wanted to work with the new blue Cobalt wax for this project and experiment with whatever Finnabair products it works well with.

I started with a base of resist canvas and liquid acrylic paints then created a design with various moulds and mechanicals. After covering this design with white gesso, I brushed the Cobalt wax over everything. I then used the Sea Glass wax to highlight some areas.





I used Northern Lights paste to add some contrasting colour and texture to areas of the design. They added a touch of White Pearl wax to tie everything together. A touch of black acrylic paint to add in some shadows and I was done!

You can see the whole project here:



Products I have used - all the images linked to Mixed Media Place or online store:

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...