Monday 4 December 2017

Christmas Magic

Hi everyone!
Our wonderful wintery December mood continues and Sanda is here today with her stunning new art journal inspiration!
Sanda's creations are always like magical mixed media lands - take your time to admire this new one and we hope you'll feel inspired to open your own journal and make some art with us!

*   *   *   *

"Snow was falling, so much like stars
filling the dark trees
that one could easily imagine its reason for being was nothing more
than prettiness.”
- Mary Oliver, Snowy Night

Hello, my lovely friends,
As the winter is already here and Christmas time around the corner, I thought I will share with you today an art journal spread that I hope captures the magic that fills the air at this very special time of the year. 😊
I started by applying a generous amount of Heavy White Gesso on one of my pages with a Finnabair silicone brush and then I spread it using a few of Finn’s stamps to create some texture, as well as priming my pages.
After drying the gesso, using a small brush, I made some splatters with masking fluid and left it to dry naturally – this will take about half an hour.

I punched a circle out of a post-it note, to create a mask, and stuck it on my page. Next, I roughly traced an image of a stag that I cut with my Silhouette and then I started to paint using Art Alchemy Impasto paints.
After I painted the stag, I placed the mask back on top of it and started to paint the background, building up my winter scene.
I have used some torn paper as a mask to create the snowy hills and began painting using some cosmetic sponges, blending the paint some more, first using a brush and a drop of water and then with my fingers.
When I was pleased with the result, I stamped few trees and then I took the mask down and rubbed off the masking fluid to reveal the glowing moon and the falling snow.
Using Art Alchemy Sparks and Waxes, I added some highlights on the hills and moon.
As a finishing touch, I glued down a few Snowflake Mechanicals using Heavy Body Gel and sprinkled a dash of Glitter from the Ebony & Ivory set.
Here is my video where you can watch my creative process and see all the products I used.
Enjoy and have fun!







I hope you enjoyed and got inspired by my new project and you are ready to create your own lovely journal spread.

Have a lovely day and the most wonderful and happy Christmas, my friends, 

Sanda xoxo










Products used:

5 comments:

Ula H. said...

Piękny wpis !!! Jest magia świąt !!!
Beautiful picture ! There is magic of Christmas !!!

Tee said...

What a beautiful snowy scene! Gorgeous texture and wonderful design! Stunning art work!

Unknown said...

Thank you so much, ladies <3 xxx

Donna in Louisiana said...

Beautiful very stunning work

Carmen Patricia Casal said...

Beatiful picture

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...