Monday 7 September 2015

Just Imagine...

Hello my Friends!
September will be a bitter sweet month for me as we will be saying goodbye to some of the wonderful members of my Creative Team. I just won't be able to find the right words how to thank these amazing ladies for all their art and friendship...

Today Elena is saying her farewell. We will truly miss her feminine, romantic mixed media magic...


Hello, friends!
Today is my last post as a Creative Design Team Member. This was an amazing year full of infinite inspiration!

This time I would like to share an altered photo frame and a video tutorial of its creation.
Last spring I found a beautiful metal frame at the flea market. After altering it, I got a beautiful home decoration with a motivational quote.


First of all, I covered the frame with Black Gesso. It dries really fast.
In a few places I added some White Crackle Paste.
After letting it air dry, I started coloring with Mica Powders combined with Soft Gloss Gel.
To create the effect of multiple layers I used three colors of Mica Powders.
As the background I used Resist Canvas "Stripes" and painted it with sprays.
After preparing my background and the frame itself it was time to adhere the embellishments.
The last step is to add some White Gesso for more interest.
That's it! The frame is ready to be used as the decoration on my favorite shelf.


And here's my video so you can follow my process step by step:

 

Thank you, everyone, for you attention and comments! 
Have a fun creative time and let your inspiration never leave you!
Hugs,
Elena Morgun

Materials used:

9 comments:

Unknown said...

The frame looks gorgeous! Thanks a lot for the tutorial...

Pat Crossland said...

Loved the tutorial Elena and especially the music....

Nirvana said...

Sublime!!!! Good continuation!!!

smokeysmom said...

Beautiful frame, and,one of my favorite quotes. You will be missed. Best of luck in your future endeavors:)

Gigi said...

What a beautiful job you did and thanks for all your great posts this year. I have enjoyed them all.

Jackie PN said...

A most wonderful frame Elena!So romantic and feminine!!
Thank you for all of your inspiration & Best wishes in all you do!
Jackie ")
http://www.creatingwithoutcrayons-jackiepneal.com/

Renje said...

So loved watching her work, sure she will show us more on social media somewhere

Sanderijn de Bruin said...

Beautiful project! So sorry to hear that you are leaving Elena, goodluck with your next steps and choices!

Shanna Shands said...

What is the name of the song she uses for her music? I love it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...