Monday 21 August 2017

Touch of the Ocean

Hello my Friends!
I hope you're ready for another art-filled Monday with my Creative Team! Today it's Karolina with her beautiful altered art inspiration - a brilliant idea to end summer with and capture all your special holiday memories... Enjoy!

*   *   *   *
Hi my dear friends! It's Karolina here today with my latest summertime inspired project.
In my country the holidays are coming to an end and I wanted to capture this mood for a little while longer. With the sound of the sea still resounding in my imagination and with pockets filled with seashells, I decided to alter a box to hold my summer memories.
I just love textures in my works so I couldn't do without Art Extravagance line Texture Paste.
This time I used Black Sand I mixed it with three colors of Art Alchemy Impasto paints - Azure, Jade and Snow White - all this to create the background for my composition.
By adding a bit of water these paints are still very efficient without losing on their quality. They are ideal for special tasks thanks to their density, opacity and the high amount of pigments.
To build the background layers I used paints, pastes and Art Stones and it's always such a great fun!
I really love the dimensional effect I got, especially filling in the free spaces with different sizes of Art Stones. You will see exactly how I did that in a video tutorial below.

I also love to play with the crackles effect and this time I the best (and the easiest!) way to create it is to use Art Extravagance Clear Crackle Texture Paste. Adding Art Stones helps to make the texture even richer and more interesting.
Another great trick to create fabulous textures is to use gauze or any other delicate material. It can be easily shaped when soaked with any kind of gel medium.
I like to separate layers of paint with gesso, thanks to this the project becomes really rich, but you have to keep in mind that the more paint you put on your decorations, this pattern will be less visible.
You can also use gesso to regulate the intensity of light, color and shine of the paints you use.
I myself, really like the shine in my projects and that is why I added beautiful colors of Art Alchemy Metallique paints.
And now please enjoy my video tutorial and feel free to leave any questions you have in the comments sections - I will be happy to answer!




I love artistic recycling so I collect all sorts of things that might come in handy when creating a new project - nets you buy garlic in (work great imitating fishing nets!), old keys, metal nails, broken twigs - all these seemingly useless objects present so many creative possibilities...

Sending you all my warmest hugs and wishes of great creative week!
xx







Products used:


1 comment:

mamablitger said...

AWESOME art project ! What a fantastic way to transform an old box. Love the colors snd fabulous texture.
Thank you so MUCH for sharing your creativity. It was very inspiring to watch your video.
Hugs from Monica
Spain

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...