Monday 14 August 2017

Hidden Treasures

Hi and hello lovely Friends!
I'm sure you must have already noticed that Sanda is the Queen of Magical Textures! :) 
Today she's presenting another art feast with fossils pressed in gel medium and brilliant faux seaweeds. Feel invited to the stunning 'underwater' world of Sanda's mixed media imagination...

*   *   *   *

Hello dear friends,
For this month's project I would love to share with you a sea themed mixed media canvas, using lots and lots of texture and layers in lovely tones of teals and greens.
I had so much fun creating this canvas and I hope you’ll like it.
I started by applying a layer of Modeling Paste mixed with Texture Powder using a silicone brush.
I dried it just a bit with my heating tool and then pressed an ammonite fossil into it to create some texture.
Left it to dry and then I covered everything with a layer of Heavy White Gesso.
To add some colour to my background, I used a few ink sprays in a combination of blues and greens.
Using airdry clay I created a starfish that I embellished with some Art Stones and a few seahorses and then I started on my composition.
For this purpose, I used real sea shells in different sizes and shapes, my handmade starfish and seahorses, a few Mechanicals and lots and lots of Art Stones that I glued down with 3D Matte Gel
To create the “seaweed” I used pieces of cheese cloth I have painted using diluted Impasto paints.
When everything was dry, I started adding more colour to my background, using again diluted Impasto paints.
I painted the clusters of shells, Mechanicals, clay bits and Art Stones with a mixture of Impasto paints, Rust and Patina Pastes and Art Alchemy Metallique paints.
When the paint was dry I sponged some White Gesso on top and added hightlights with Art Alchemy Sparks, Waxes and Mica Powder.
As a finishing touch I made some splatters with diluted White Gesso and added the words.
Here is my video where you can watch my creative process and see all the products I used.
Enjoy and have fun!





I hope you enjoyed and got inspired by my new project and you are ready to create some magic of your own. 😊

Have a wonderful day, my friends, xoxo





Products used:

5 comments:

Jadwiga said...

ZachwycajÄ…ca praca!!! Pozdrawiam :)

Licho_Nie_Spi said...

I love this deep blue sea fairy- tale! Amazing.

Ikemo said...

Simply WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW! I am so impressed! This project is AMAZING!!! Thnak you so much for sharing it with us!! <3

Unknown said...

Thank you sooo much to all of you for your wonderful comments, they really made my day! :) xoxo

UplayOnline said...

This project is AMAZING!!! Thnak you so much for sharing it with us!! <3


ทางบ้าน

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...