Friday 21 April 2017

Shining Star

Hello and Happy Creative Friday!
Karolina's presenting her charming new project that we hope will inspire you to do something creative this weekend!
There's a video too so you will see ste by step how Karolina created all these luscious layers. Enjoy!

*   *   *   *
Hi everyone!
Like every proud mom I love framing the photos of my sweet little girl.
My daughter loves singing and dancing and so I wanted to create a special piece that would correspond with the lively creative personality of my little Star. :)
I decided to make a traditional scrapbooking layout with a joyful summer holiday atmosphere.
I think this amazing Cotton Candy Dreams collection from 7 Dots Studio goes here just perfectly, don't you think? All the lovely shades of turquoise and green remind me of our family holiday photos and instantly make me smile when I think of those moments.

I wanted to highlight the beautiful paper pattern and after adding a bit of light with Heavy White Gesso, I had a lot of fun playing with textures created with 2 different stencils and Art Extravagance Graphite Texture Paste.
My projects are always heavy in layers because I'm a bit of a magpie and I love tucking in a lot of pretty trinkets and embellishments that make every project so unique. And it's even better when they sparkle and shine - that's when my heart starts beating faster! ;)

In this project I used Glitter together with Art Pebbles.
I used Heavy Body Gel as my adhesive but to make my process cleaner and faster, I poured some of it into a small plastic bottle. The gel dries quite quickly and then becomes completely transparent which means it won't dull the sparkle of glitter.
Of course I couldn't do without the amazing Art Alchemy acrylic paints! I really love the fact that no matter which Opal Magic shades you pick, they perfectly complement each other which makes the whole process truly enjoyable.
I chose the colors corresponding with the papers and used them to highlight my embellishments.
I also painted some touches of pink to add some energy and contrast.
Here's my video tutorial so you can watch step by step how I created this piece.
Don't hesitate to leave any questions you might have in the comments below, I'll be happy to answer.
Enjoy!





I just love creating scrapbooking layouts - 

the idea of showcasing a photo and capturing special personal memories really speaks to my heart and is my constant source of inspirations.

I hope my little Star inspires you too to grab some pretty papers and paints and express yourself.
Don't forget to share your art in our friendly Finnabair & Friends Open Studio facebook group!
See you there and happy creating!
xx





Products used:

2 comments:

Gitte said...

Beautiful.

Marci said...

Lovely, I enjoyed the video.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...