Wednesday 24 August 2016

Love for Denim - My Journal

My dear ones,
I'm back on my blog - with one of my newest creations, ready to share with you not only the project itself, but also the idea behind one of my design products - Denim Journal by Prima.
You could see amazing. grungy journal cover by Linda, colorful, truly breathtaking project by Gayle, great idea how to "move in" into your denim journal by talented Athanasia and Denisa - and last but not least we had beautiful, grungy (and delicate in the same time) cover by Riikka and dreamy, sea-inspired project by Kasia. Do you think you are ready for more?
Here is my take. I hope you will love it as much as I do!


The whole idea behind this "Denim Journal" is... it is not a journal really. When I was working on this product what I had in mind was something like "travel folder" or handy "all in one", wrapped in sturdy cover which will be perfect for taking with you anywhere where you'd like to collect and create. In the train or bus. On the plane. On your vacation. In the hotel room. At work. In the Cafe. Waiting for your friends to pick you up... just name it.

As you can see - Denim Journal is designed to grow.
It has space for all the papers, scraps, photos you'd like to put inside. You can easily fill it with all your favorite findings from your travels - or stickers, pictures and photos taken from home as the inspiration for tour "travel projects".

Pages are easy to add and take out, if you prefer. There are pockets, sleeves, watercolor paper inside...and even some fabric pages which are great storage solutions for pins, badges, thread, buttons... or maybe you are in love in embroidery and you'd like to work on your little masterpiece when travelling or waiting for your appointments? No problem!

There is plenty of space for any kind of creativity - just let yourself gather your favorite supplies, some basic tools and take it with you, wherever you go. This is THAT simple.

Looking at the cover - imagination is the limit!Denim blue is a lovely color to start with - easy to combine with almost any color palette. I decided to start my creative process by white-washing the outside of the folder wit a bit of Art Basics White Heavy Gesso - to give it more worn-out look. Adding all the elements on was easy - Art Basics Heavy Body Gel is an ultimate dimensional gluing solution - right?


I added some stenciling with Art Basics Modeling Paste too - and played a lot with shades of brown, blue and rusty. With my Art Extravagance Rust Effect Pastes - it was really easy and fun to do!



Finally - I put a protective coat of Art Basics Soft Matte Gel on the embellishments - to make sure the paints will stay on during my travels. It's matte finish makes it really invisible, but it gives your project a nice coat of varnish. Great solution!


Here is the list of the products I used to decorate my Denim Journal cover. I hope it helps! All of the products are linked from Mixed Media Place Store.


I wish you a great, creative week. Enjoy the last days of summer - as I do!
Sending hugs

13 comments:

Jacki Daniels said...

Love this x

Kathy G. said...

This looks Amazing!

KOLOROWY ptak said...

To miłość od pierwszego wejrzenia! Jest idealny! Cudowna kolorystyka i detale! Można się w tym zatracić! Mam nadzieję, że dobrze będzie Ci służył w podróżach :)

Licho_Nie_Spi said...

Przepiękny, morski, można się rozmarzyć...

Kaz Hall said...

J'adore this is just stunning xx

Unknown said...

Very cool Finn, love it. Enjoy your last days of summer 💞

Sandy said...

It's wonderful. Now I want to make one with those old jeans I've been saving for the perfect project

Sanderijn de Bruin said...

Absolutely gorgeous and so unique and so you! I am totally in love with this! Hope you will do a class with this sometime like ehmm in the Netherlands??

Cyndi Watkins said...

Fabuloous!!!

Fragmentos ao Sol said...

Wonderful!

Chris E said...

Spectacular, all my favorite colors & a great idea to be able to take it w you wherever you go... 💚💜💙

Kazza said...

I love it as much as you do! I am not into journals but this denim one is getting me really excited!! Really want one now. Sooooo Love your work.

Sue Lelli said...

LOVE the denim and all of your FAB details! Stunning creation!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...