Monday 8 December 2014

Experimental Kitchen & A Clock Snow Globe

Hello, Dear Friends!
Today, I'd like to welcome you all to a fairy tale created for us by Riikka! :)
She did absolute wonders turning my clock frame into a magical little world...

We hope you haven't missed some more of the stunning wintery & glittery creations of my Creative Team that appeared on Prima blog yesterday!



My inspiration for this project came from a snow globe. I wanted to turn the Finnabair clock frame into a festive, wintery decoration.
What I thought the clock needed was a domed glass like in some alarm clocks. That round shape led my mind to snow globes and then the idea was born.


Then came the tricky part - where to find such a shaped piece or how to do it.
I tried out several ways not having the result I wanted but finally managed to mould a doming piece.

You want to know how it's made? It involves a heat gun, a sheet of transparency, a metal bowl and a sieve. Oh, and also some mad professor attitude. ;)

 
I started by building up the snowy landscape inside the clock. The velvety night sky with the stars is made using Black Gesso, Glass Beads and the starshaped brads.
The snowy hills are build using Modeling Paste and gesso. The big tree is made out of Finnabair's Mechanicals and the little ones just from pieces of cardboard, all of them then coated with different art mediums like White Gesso and White Crackle Paint, and then the top layer of Soft Gel and the glitter.

 
The surface of the clock is decorated with faux snow, pretty much the same way as in these mixed media trees I did.

I also included some lacy, snowflake style embellishments and glitter.


If you want to see how I made the clock snow globe, please see the video below!
I tried to cut it short yet informative.



With this project I'm wishing you all sweet holidays and a fantastic new year 2015!
Riikka

Materials used:

 

8 comments:

Linda M. Cain said...

You ROCKED it Riikka!

Unknown said...

WOW - love it!

Maja Stokk / eyovine said...

WOW Riikka!!! This i fantastic and magic. Love it to bits!

Unknown said...

This.. is.. amazing!!!! So beautiful xx

Unknown said...

Wow fantastic, really is an amazing piece of art work. Thank you for sharing loved the how to video xx

Unknown said...

Te ha quedado mágico, me encanta!

Sue said...

This looks amazing.

Lisa H said...

WOW! this is fabulous!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...