Saturday, 15 August 2026

Mixed media retro-style tags by Kasia Salmanowicz

 Hello,

this project is designed for those who enjoy creating pieces rich in detail and texture, featuring subtle stories hidden between layers of paper. I created two HDF tags featuring the warm color palette of the "Butterfly Effect" paper collection, accented with steampunk elements from Finn’s ephemera sets.

The base consists of tags covered in paper in muted shades of beige, sepia, and brown. I then added further layers, small cards, labels, lace fragments, and twigs, giving the composition depth and a slightly distressed look. 


The focal points of both tags are retro-style die-cut images which you can find, of course, at the Mixed Media Place store. Butterflies, vintage numbers, clock faces, and text elements create an atmosphere of mystery and time travel. It is precisely these small details that make each piece unique and invite the viewer to linger and take a closer look.





You can see how I created this project on Finnabiar’s YouTube channel. I warmly invite you to watch.

Have a nice day,

Kasia Salmanowicz

Finnabair products used - all the images linked to the Mixed Media Place online store:

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...