Monday 8 January 2024

The power of light by Kasia Salmanowicz

Welcome to the New Year!

I hope you are feeling great after Christmas. I come to you with an energetic canvas in expressive colours. It's full of various light bulbs. Maybe it will add some shine to me on these cloudy, grey days that usually occur in Poland at this time of year.

To create this project, a square canvas was used, along with a large light bulb made of HDF material, Finnabair cardboard, little light bulbs made from moulds and, of course, irreplaceable metal embellishments. I glued these elements using two types of gel - Heavy Body Gel and Soft Gloss Gel.





After drying, I covered everything with a thin layer of Clear Gesso and started colouring my project. I used Liquid acrylic Paints in four colours - Ink Black, Burnt Sienna, Tiger Orange and Carmine. All mixed with water gave a really interesting effect. Lots of white on this end.

Please watch the video tutorial on YouTube.


Have a nice day,

Kasia Salmanowicz

Products I have used - all the images linked to Mixed Media Place or online store:

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...