Wednesday 16 April 2014

Sweet Steampunk Nothing - or the Beauty of Artistic Recycling

Question: what's this?
This is a story.
About love, friendship, sharing bad and good moments. About souls who are meant to be together and about connections, exploring life and simply "making it ALL happen".
Story about deep emotions, infinity and hope... about  us, about you.


This is also expression of pure pleasure of creating: finding inspirational, intriguing pieces and re-discovering them, re-assembling, constructing totally new meanings. Using elements which surround us all, finding beauty in them and giving a chance to become something unusual.
Because this piece is a bit unusual, I believe :) I named it "Sweet Steampunk Nothing" - and it is my response to the challenge of creating something suitable for the "St Valentine's" topic in Finnish Paperilla Magazine. As you know I'm not much into fluffy hearts, cherubs and glitter, so I tried to do it "my way" - And I hope I succeeded!


I'm wondering - can you guess what is the main body of the  assemblage made of? I can give you a hint: these parts were together, but in a different configuration and of course they are parts of something much bigger...



I didn't change much the original colours: I loved them as they were - they only needed few small touches of Vintaj Patinas (great, great choice for painting and altering metal!) and I repainted the paper-mache heart which I mounted on the top of the composition.

Here is a view on the details:

Vintage photo in the middle of Mechanicals - Pocket Watch - with a glaze of Glossy Accents

Leaves, Bottle caps and Plate labels in a great company of  light bulbs, wires and cogs


More of metal stuff - I just love how this typewriter key from Mechanicals looks on the piece of wire...


I honestly had great time creating this piece. I have a feeling it is just a beginning...

For your convenience I listed the most important supplies below... but can you guess what is the main body of this project? ;)


Wishing you all a great week :) It's a busy time for us all!
xoxo


12 comments:

by belle said...

I love the feel of your piece!!! It looks like the leg of a table or a spindle from a banister...whatever it is it is perfect for your expression!!

AngelicaS said...

Love at first sight!! An amazing piece of assemblage art. (and a perfect way to use the Mechanicals.)

Robin said...

Absolutely amazing. You are an incredible artist. The colors you use are exciting! I love the depth.
Big fan

Alina said...

Wonderful project idea! I love it! And I find it a little bit funny :D

Ana said...

you killed me !
very inspiring project <3

Catherine SIWCZAK said...

Ooooohhhh I LOVE it ! Exactly the things I love to build myself. I understand your feeling because I felt the same recently... Lots of love for you, Finn !

Unknown said...

I tried overthinking it at 1st I think. Maybe a pedestal of some sort, I had to step back and strip all your products, at 1st I had some of them mixed in with original piece trying to guess, I love the natural and abstract feel of your piece of art and how love is always incorporated in, whether it is a couple, love and accepting yourself and art, friends, family, and more I always see love.

Carol McCready said...

Great project.
Main piece- furniture leg?

Unknown said...

The metal body looks like pieces from an old lamp

Anonymous said...

I agree the base looks like part of a lamp. Fabulous work of Creativity. Thank you for sharing.

Becky said...

Wow love it you are one talented lady.
Becky x

agnés said...

Une jolie création.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...