Thursday 24 April 2014

Odyssey Journal: Remember that Spring?

April and May is the time of the year where n Poland - and I guess most of other Catholic countries the First Communion for children is celebrated. I think I have something suitable for this occasion ;)
THAT Spring. Small village, Zuzela, in the east of Poland.


From the right: Bogdan, my uncle - all dressed in his best outfit for this day, Grażyna (later called Grace), my aunt with a big bow in her hair, wearing far too short dress and my dad, Krzysiek wearing the sailor shirt (why???).
In the opposite corner - lovely ephemera: small holy medallion children usually get for the First Comunnion. And lace - a lot of lace - what can be better for this kind of photo? I'm in love with this white flower trim from Prima now.
Odyssey Journal is back and kicking...



Colors are mostly Tea Stain (of course) and watercolour pencils from Talens. I'm in love.
Here is what I used, for your reference - all available in our Mixed Media Place Store!


I hope you are having a great, creative week!
hugs to you all!

16 comments:

Beth said...

How gorgeous! What a wonderful tribute.

Ola (Ikemo) said...

Łaaaał jestem przezachwycona! Kolorystyka, dodatki, układ graficzny, wszystko jest takie... idealne!

Beth said...

How gorgeous! Beautiful tribute.

sandra de said...

Everything you create is always so beautiful.

Scrapalex37/LaLouvea2Têtes said...

Gorgeous !

Words and Pictures said...

Magical pages - such beautiful colours.
Alison x

Helen said...

This is just beautiful!!

Corrie Herriman said...

Gorgeous spread !
Corrie x

PinkyFingerCrafts said...

This really is a work of art! I was wondering what you used to "blank" out the pages, was it just white craft paint? and would it be possible to see the cover of your book?

finnabair said...

Thank you so much for the lovely comments!
PinkyFingerCrafts - no, it is not the paint, it is white gesso, which is thicker and more covering than paint.

Isabel said...

Me encanta tu trabajo!!!

Hettie said...

Beautiful. Just Beautiful.
xx

Ali Manning said...

I love all the textures and beautiful layers you include in your work. It's so inspiring!

Peninia / Gosia said...

Jak zawsze jestem oczarowana! Cudo!!!

Pozdrawiam serdecznie-Gosia
http://peniniaart.blogspot.com/

PinkyFingerCrafts said...

You are very welcome, and thank you for replying! I had not thought of white Gesso and what an amazing use for it!

Maura said...

Lovely, artsy page of memories

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...