Monday 21 May 2018

My Colourful Summer

Hello everyone!
I hope you're having a beautiful, creative month of May!
Get ready for some more great art inspirations from my Creative Team - today it's Sanda whose new canvas (or rather 3 of them...) is so filled with vibrant energy, it will immediately make you want to grab your paints! :)

*   *   *   *

Hi guys,
Sanda here today, sharing with you a fun and quick little project, very easy and beginner friendly 😊
With Summer here in full swing, I was inspired to create this mixed media canvas triptych, full of rich and vibrant colours and Finn’s paints goodness. So, let’s play, my friends!
I started by applying a coat of Finnabair's Heavy White Gesso on three small canvases (about 6 x 8 inches) using one of Finn’s brushes.
I dried the gesso quickly with my heating tool and, because I knew I would be working on all three canvases at the same time, I taped them together on the back with some masking tape.
I started painting my canvases using Art Alchemy Impasto paints – for the first layer I chose cool colours (Jade, Green Apple and Azure).
I diluted the paints with a spritz of water and then I sprinkled rubbing alcohol and coarse sea salt to create a lovely texture.
I dried everything with the heat gun, removed the salt and then I applied a second layer of paint, using a warm palette of Impasto paints (Lemon Peel, Raspberry Pink and Crimson).
I also added some fluorescent acrylic ink.
When this layer was dry, I added more paint in different places and then, using baby wipes, removed some of it through Finnabair stencils.
Next, I added touches of white, here and there, sponging Snow White Impasto paint through another stencil.
I drew my cheerful fishes using a handmade template and added some marks using Cobalt, Pumpkin and Crimson.
I painted the background in Jade and Snow White for the sky and Jade, Azure and Green Apple for the sea, using Cobalt for shading.
As a finishing touch I added Jade and Gold Rush Art Alchemy Metallique, sponging through a different stencil and added some doodling with a white gel pen.
Here is my video where you can watch my creative process and see the products I used.
Enjoy and have fun!







I hope you’ve got inspired by this project and you are ready to try some of these techniques in your artwork.

“Summer was a book of hope…”
- Benjamin Alire Sáenz

Have a lovely day, my friends,
Sanda xoxo








Products used:

3 comments:

Maura said...

WOw! Love this Sanda! Your colors are so vibrant, and it is great as a triptych! Maura

Unknown said...

Thank you so much, Maura, I'm really glad you like it! 💗 xoxo

ARTSY GIRL OF CAMPBELL said...

Beautiful!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...