Wednesday 23 May 2018

Celebrating Art - in Purple!

Hi, my dear friends!
It's been a while since I was posting my project - so I think it's high time to fix this matter, right?
As you may know, I was away travelling and teaching in the last weeks - and now, after getting home I'm trying to catch up with all the important matters such as product designing, projects, and ehm... life? I don't know how it is possible but I still have to do all that boring stuff called "everyday life" - oh well...
Anyway, today I'm back with something I hope you will like - a sample I've made during my "Art Celebration" collage class... and I have to admit I loved it so much I took it home to take proper photos for publication! I experimented with new colour palette and here are the results...

As you can see I wasn't stopping myself when altering the brush - there is plenty of layers, embellishments, details - all that glued down properly with Art Basics Heavy Body Gel, the one-and-only-ultimate-glue-for-dimensional-collage ;) 
All my Prima Mechanicals and Pebbles  - even the brush - are going to stay on this project safely. Believe me - I checked. It was shipped home via Post services - and as you can see it is in perfect condition!

The colour palette, as I was mentioning, was an experiment with shades of blue and purple Art Alchemy Impasto Paints (I was focusing mostly on Cobalt, Aubergine and Heather) with touches of my Waxes on the top. I was asking in one of my IG posts which clours I've picked and not many of you could guess! In fact I've only used 3 colours: Metallique Rose Gold and Metallique Old Silver as a base and a bit of Antique Brilliance Fire Ruby as a highlighting touch.
What do you think about this colour combination? Would you like to try it?

I know it is not possible for me to travel to every corner of the world - but maybe you should check my classes schedule here and see if I'm not closer to you than you think? 
This class I'll be teaching very soon in UK - at Art from the Heart, Harrogate  - first weekend of June - but there is much more happening this year!

For those of you who can't see me in person - there are options too!
You can register to my online classes (listed on the left sidebar of the blog) or join my FB Live Shows - just like this one, happening this Thursday, 24th May. Just jump on my FB Page, join and subscribe and w you won't miss it! Not n Facebook? no problem! Later on I'm trying to add the recorded versions of the show on my You Tube too.
Generally - if you like to be updated more on my current status - travels big and small, latest projects, all the things I'm doing in the meantime, updates from my studio and more - I can only recommend following my IG accounts: @finnabair will give you a peek into my everyday reality and @finnabair_studio - endless flow of inspiration by my Teams, me and all talented fans from all over the world - you can't miss that!

Hope you will follow, drop in and say hi!
See you soon!
SaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSave

3 comments:

Preeti D. (aka Dutt Preety) said...

Wow!! Such a stunning & inspirational piece. Love this new color combination. Thanks for sharing :) xoxo

Helen said...

I don't know how you fit it all in! what a gorgeous project.

Scrappin' with Wendy said...

Love this project!! Can’t wait for your new release. Any idea when it will be announced??

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...