Wednesday 18 October 2017

Enchanted Forest - collage

Hi, it's me again.
Many times before I was mentioning my collages and journal pages are short visual stories, which I create when an image or idea will show up in my mind. Quite often the result I'm getting is quite far from the one I'd imagined - but I accept this as a part of the process. This is how the creative ways go.
Today I'm leaving you with my latest collage (and a short tale in one). Enjoy (and click to enlarge)!
"Enchanted Forest" - mixed-media collage/assemblage on canvas. 50x70 cm (about 19.5'' x 27.5'')

It's been a while since I created something of this size and it took me a longer while to get to the results I was happy with. As you can always see my moods and emotions shining through the project of this kind I took my time to make the things just right... It was not only the matter of size but also my experiment with more flat and painted version of collage. With my love for layers, details and small bits it was quite a challenge to put it all together and stay quite flat!
This composition of paper, lace, metal elements and all possible small bits and pieces from my quite impressive collection was glued using a set of my Art Basics products - Soft Gel and Heavy Body Gel were my choices.  Later I started playing with colours: I've used 3 versions of gesso (white, black and clear - on the printed image) and later starting adding sprays, Art Alchemy Impasto paints (omg, those rich colours!!!!!) and finally water soluble pastels and pencils. It was quite a ride, but I loved it!
A big part of the project is covered in my Art Alchemy Waxes - details of the leaves and almost all of the robes (or armour maybe?). They were layered many times together with Impasto and some Soft Gel for more transparency of the paint.
You can see I didn't restrict myself with ideas and added some stamping with permanent inks and tons of ink and paint splatters too. I love the dynamic look you can get this way - in my opinion, it really adds a lot to the project!

I can't even recall how many times I was thinking this will never end well. That I'm moving too far from the original idea I had. That maybe my way of putting things together won't work... I'm sure you can relate! But  - as I always say to my students - most of mixed-media projects have to go through many ugly stages to get finally to the beautiful results. The point is not to stop to early and push it through... I'm so glad I did!

If you'd like to see what products I was using - here is the supply list - I hope it helps!
All linked to Mixed Media Place Store!

Now, I'm putting this project in your hands now, hoping you will get inspired or maybe just simply enjoy looking at it. My job is done.
I can't guess what kind of emotions it is going to bring or what will you see in it - but if you decide to tell me, I'll be very happy to read!
Have a great creative week. I'm so happy you are here with me...

18 comments:

Phoebe Tonosaki said...

wow this is incredible. I had a feeling this one is gonna be special when I saw in your instagram. but wow
I so want this to be used as the images of your goods(tote, pouch, anything I want them !!)
Yes I also have the same experience, things dont go the same as planned but the journey is fun and also important.
Thank you for the inspirations and the beauty !!

Kaz Hall said...

Stunningly beautiful love every detail!

Preeti D. (aka Dutt Preety) said...

Wow!

lou said...

Very mystical love the glowing figure and the sides framing the figure. I wonder how you were feeling or what you were thinking during this piece as it can be viewed 2 ways really with the darkness coming in on the figure or the light of the figure breaking through the darkness. I'd like to hope its the 2nd choice

Heather said...

a stunning piece.

LucianaW said...

Absolutely stunning!!!

Riddhi said...

Wow it's like queen angel standing on haven 💕💕
U looks so amazing in this one...it's really precious ❤️
Love
Riddhi

AnastasiaElena said...

Unreal beauty!! Colors, details...I just fell in love!

Pooja Sharma said...

Omg what a imaginative canvas superb stunning beautiful detalis incredible work as always

Helen said...

that's gorgeous!!

Hina Mirza said...

Exquisite piece .. love it!!

Michelle Wells INSPIRE said...

STUNNING❤

Hema said...

I cant take my eyes off from this beautiful work!! Stunning as always!! Its a lovely treat to the soul!! Love you!!

corinne de france MARCH said...

stunning <3

UplayOnline said...

beautiful love every detail!


beautiful love every detail!

Lanette said...

Absolutely Stunning!! All the texture and color is Amazing!!

Sandra C. said...

Anna, your most beautiful project yet! I hope your offer this as an online class. I love the details and the intricate laces you used, and the metal elements are so cool! I haven't tried the impasto paints yet, but this is the project that got me interested! You make such great art, thanks for sharing it with us!

UplayOnline said...

Thank you for the inspirations and the beauty !!


หีฟิต

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...