Monday 4 September 2017

A Card Full of Autumn

Hi lovely Friends!
September's here so let's celebrate its beauty with some great mixed media art!
Today we meet with Marta who presents her trademark delicate elegance with a vintage feel.
I hope you will feel tempted to follow Marta's tutorial and start this beautiful month making art with us! :)

*   *   *   *
Hello friends!
It's Marta Turska - Grochocka here and today I bring you a card full of autumn. :)
My season inspired card is filled with yummy embellishments and gold and brown accents as this time I felt like creating a delicate yet shiny and sparkling piece.
I've started from creating some embellishments and I had an idea to use Art Alchemy Sparks paints with feathers!
It's really very simple: just cover a feather with a layer of paint and leave it to dry - it will make a very special and shiny element you can use for all kinds of decorations.
I created the background for my card using plain white cardstock covered with a layer of Clear Gesso and Peach Mica Powder used with water to create a watercolor effect.

This time I used Sparks paints to add some color and shine on the edges of all my paper elements - I used them the same way as I usually do with inks: I applied the paint with a piece of sponge.
It's a perfect way to color flowers too, it allows you to create a delicate hint of color on the petals edges.
As the final touch I applied a layer of the beautiful White Gold Wax - you can see it on the paper flower and all the metal and resin elements. It gives this special effect of a beautiful vintage touch.
Pollen Micro Beads were perfect to accent some textures, layers and paper elements.
I've used 3D Gloss Gel to make sure they will stick perfectly to the surface.
Here's my short video tutorial, I hope you'll enjoy!







I love to make mixed media cards full of layers, I love to mix paints and waxes with metal embellishments and I love to try new things and experiment - just like I did here with feathers.

What is your favorite way to be creative?
Feel brave to try new things! ;)

xx
Marta







Products used:

1 comment:

Sylvia/LittleTreasures said...

I'm in awe...this is truly elegant. Loving the soft colors and beautiful layers of loveliness.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...