Wednesday 25 May 2016

Explore. Dream. Discover. - mixed-media assemblage

Hi, good to see you all here again :)
Today I'm coming back to this blogpost - where together with Prima we were celebrating our creativity on International Scrapbooking Day. Each of my super talented Creative Team Member prepared a project inspired by a quote - and I even if my plan was to made a Periscope session I wanted to have a chance to create something too... so here it is, my assemblage in the tin, ready, proudly standing on the shelf in my studio.



I you would like to come back to my videos here and here you would be able to listen bit about my inspiration - quote by Mark Twain you can see below - and know a bit more about my creative path too. In fact, when I found this quote I felt it was saying out loud what I had in my heart for many years. I do believe it is true.


Explore. Dream. Discover.
3 important words which I have always somewhere in the back of my head. Those of you who know me a bit better will know how much of a dreamer I am and how much my sense of adventure is a drive that pushes me forward. I believe that changes are important in life, challenges and a bit of unknown are good for you and there is no need to be afraid of the new things coming... fear won't help, just paralyse you instead - so the best way to deal which changes is to adjust the sails and go through the storms...



This little assemblage in an old tin represents these 3 important words for me - there are brushes - to explore my creativity and new art paths, there are wings for dreaming and finally - an eye for discovering new, exciting things. I had the best time ever putting it together - it was a bit challenging to do something quite small  - but I had a real blast when I started painting. I put my Art Alchemy Metallique paints on my table and simply painted away...



As usual I used my Art Basics Heavy Body Gel for gluing all the elements together - seriously this stuff just does the job! There was also a layer on Heavy Black Gesso for depth and a bit of Heavy White Gesso - for highlights. I enjoyed the process very much so it is possible there will be more similar smaller - or bigger - projects coming in the future!


Here is the list of product I used - for your reference. 
All linked from our Mixed Media Place Store:



And now it is time for important announcement - we have a WINNER!
After Creative Team voting for the project inspired by a quote -
our  prize will go to Sari Hanninen!
Congratulations Sari, please contact me with your shipping address at: finnabair.contact@gmail.com!

Huge thanks to all of the participants - your projects were beautiful and inspirational - we had a very hard time picking just one!

Sending hugs to you all - see you again soon!

6 comments:

Athanasia said...

I'm always amazed by your creations Anna!!!! Wow and again wow!!!!!!!

Sari Hänninen said...

WoW!
I can hardly believe that I won...
Thank you so much for this opportunity :).
I've been buying Finnabair stuff (stamps, pearls, stencils, silicone, pastes, brushes and so forth) as a mad person of late, so I'm sure I'll make good use of the goodies :).

Jane said...

It's a great quote isn't it Anna and your box of treasure and discovery is delightful. Well done to Sari x

CarrieStephenson said...

Beautiful project, full of depth. Love the colours. Great inspiration.

Nadyunya olenadole said...

Congrats to winner!!!! Anna AMAZING project!!!

SewPaperPaint said...

Congrats Sari! Your project was truly beautiful!!! <3

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...