Monday 6 November 2023

The Collector - Mixed media altered book by Lori Woods

 Hello creative friends! I finally had a chance to play with the new 7Dots Finnabair collection, Butterfly Effect, and it's gorgeous!


I found an old book that I'd started to carve out the centre pages in and I decided it would be perfect to use with these papers. For the cover of the book, I used patterned papers to create the background and then layered up lots of die-cut tags, stamps and butterfly elements. I used one of the ornate frame moulds to frame a picture of my butterfly 'collector' and decorated this with Vintage metallic flakes. I also used the flakes around the edge of the cover to create a worn effect. I brushed some dilute Umber liquid acrylic on top of the flakes to give it more of an antique look.






For the inside of the book I wanted to keep it focused on the butterflies so I used part of the Butterflies sheet as a background and then cut out lots of elements from it. I then layered these elements into the book, bending the wings slightly to give them a sense of movement.

I hope this gives you some ideas on how you can use these beautiful papers!



Products I have used - all the images linked to Mixed Media Place or  online store:

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...