Wednesday 9 August 2023

Dark Lady by Lori Woods

 Hello creative friends! Sometimes I begin a project with a final design in mind and sometimes it just starts with a colour palette that sparks an idea.

I knew that I wanted intense, strong colour so I decided to use Impasto paints. I also needed a bright metallic highlight and Copper metallic flakes were the perfect match. Now that I had my colour palette I started to build my composition. 


I used moulds from the new Mirror Frames and Vintage Portraits to create the focal point of the Dark Lady, with mechanicals and pebbles to create areas of interest. Waxes and mica flakes helped to highlight details.



You can watch the full process video here:



Products I have used - all the images linked to Mixed Media Place online store:

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...