Monday 10 November 2014

Moths Moths Everywhere

Hello, Friends!
As you know, Mondays and Fridays belong to my wonderful Creative Team and today we have Riikka who not only came up with a creative image source but also managed to fit a ton of different medias onto really small ATCs. Impressive, right? :)

Oh, and pssst... Make sure you check out Prima blog! Some of my Creative Team members are sharing their beautiful artworks together with some tips & tricks about how to use my Art Extravagance line.


I have a confession to make. I'm a hamster or a hoarder in a way. When it comes to throwing things away, I always first think if they could be used in some way.
This leads to the fact that I very rarely throw any craft product packaging away. They are usually sturdy materials with beautiful patterns and motifs, so why just throw them in the bin?


For these cards the main items - the backing and the focal point moths - came from the packaging. Surprised? :)


I've grown an interest in ATCs. I love making them and testing new techniques and ideas in such a small scale!
Even though these cards are relatively small, they have a great deal of mediums in them. Just the way I like it! If you want to see all the paints and layers I made into them, please see my video below!



If you'd like to have one of the cards or swap with me, please give a shout about it in an email (rkovasin [at] gmail [dot] com). I'm eager to make these cards but even more eager to part with them so I can make some new ones! :)



Thank you for stopping by today! I hope I have inspired you to take another look at those packaging pieces!
And here's the promised video:


Product used:
 

10 comments:

Dawn C. said...

Beautiful ATCs. Love the video - I will try some of these techniques in my art journal!

Jeannette v.D. said...

LOve, love love them. You are so talented !!! Maybe we need a stamp of that beautifull moth ....

Unknown said...

Riikka, these cards are gorgeous :D Loooove

Linda M. Cain said...

Love!!!!

Shilpa Nagaonkar said...

TFS this wonderful tutorial Rikka. Amazing tags, love them!! Love to see how you have used all art mediums to create this beauties!!great tips

selena said...

merci pour ces adorables cartes et la vidéo.

Montse said...

Lovely!!!

Dominike said...

So Beautiful. Your work is great. So great. Congratulations.

Unknown said...

Thank you Rikka for this wonderful tutorial!

Unknown said...

wonderful work! thank for the video!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...