Wednesday 20 September 2017

Beautifully Rust Painted

Hi there, creative people!
I'm back home for a short moment after teaching 4 classes during a fabulous event organised by The Mad Scrapper in Edinburgh... yes, September is a very busy month for me for sure! After the Summer break I'm back on the track with my classes - and the whole Autumn us now open for bookings as well as the beginning of the next year...so maybe it's a good idea to check what I am up to? Here you can find the updated schedule for the coming months - I hope you will be able to find something for yourself!

Today I have a project which is quite special for me - this weekend it was the first time I was able to teach my brand new "Rust Painted" collage class... I love the process and I have to say I love the results too - all the projects of my students looked just FABULOUS - so I can take a deep breath now and wait for the next time!
Here you can see the sample I've done this weekend in the classroom - it is full of textures, layers and elements - just as I love. I made sure I picked the colour palette which was different from the original project I'd made at home getting ready for this class - I adore the blue and purple tones with the accents of rust - it is just perfect combination, I think!
Looking closer at the details you can see how all the embellishments I've used - mostly my Prima Mechanicals and Art Pebbles come beautifully together under the coats of Art Basics Heavy Gesso, Art Alchemy Paints (Metallique and Opal Magic Range) and finally - splatters and drips of Art Extravagance Rust Effect Pastes
It is elegant and feminine yet harsh and grungy - eclectic and inspiring mix, great to try techniques which will be easy to transfer to many, very different in mood projects!
On the bottom of the long canvas, you can see the details of the background techniques - some strips of paper, lace pieces and finally intriguing, dimensional drips. All of that combined with a bunch of embellishments of all sorts and sizes gave the project my "signature" baroque look. It was a great experiment to break this design with a bit of unkempt, edgy look of the rust - the feeling of the collage changed dramatically. A refreshing, inspiring and cool concept, I think - surely I have to come back to this idea!

If you feeling inspired after "looking over my shoulder" and - maybe - you'd like to create this project with me you can check where my travels in the next months are going to take me... or if you prefer to learn in the comfort of your own home - you can try one of my 2 online classes - "Imagine" collage or "Book of Possibilities" - altered book. They are almost like sitting in your own private classroom!
I hope to see you soon - in person or virtually - don't be shy and try!

Sending warmest possible hugs and wishing you all a great, creative week.


P.S. Do you remember about my Crative Team Call? 

7 comments:

Marci said...

Beautiful! Love the colors,too.

olushka-design.blogspot.com said...

Amazingly beautiful canvas!

Riddhi said...

Stunning ❤️❤️

Dominique said...

Love love the colours....... magnifique

Anonymous said...

Breathlessly beautiful!!

Mona Pendleton said...

So very beautiful! Love the pastel background and splashes of rust!

Alka said...

πŸ’‹πŸ’‹πŸ’‹πŸ’‹very beautiful. I love the rust effect.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...