Monday 27 June 2016

From The Family Album

Hello, Lovely Readers!
For a while now, we've been admiring Kasia's wonderful projects and especially her talent for showcasing her family photos. Whether new or vintage, it's a treat every single time. You will surely feel inspired to go through your own family album. Happy creating!


I can't break free from old family photos. I love to look at them, to remember family members and their stories.
For today's project I chose a photo of my mom, my grandmother and great-grandmother. In fact, I'm in this picture too, because at that time my mother was already pregnant with me. :)



I wanted to make my layout light, ethereal and delicate. That's why I used the vellum leaves and doilies and added transparent butterflies. You can learn how to create such butterflies from my video tutorial you will find below.



In this project, I didn't use many medias, but I added a touch of color using Art Alchemy acrylic paints. I love their vivid colors and permanent quality. They are also ideal for splashing.



And here's my video - enjoy! If you have any questions about my process, don't hesitate and leave them in the comments, I will be happy to answer.



I encourage you to reach for the old albums, maybe discover new family stories, give the old photos the new life.
xxx

Materials used:


1 comment:

fairyrocks said...

You have a beautiful Family. No doubt about it you come from a gorgeous gene pool. Love your work. Keep smiling and creating

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...