Happy creative Friday, Friends!
Remember when I told you that I had a chance to meet Linda from my Creative Team in person? It was such a treat and I'm so proud our meeting inspired her to create one of the most stunning collages ever... See for yourselves!
Hello all my creative friends! It’s my honor to be with you again on the Finnabair Blog.
After taking Ania’s fabulous classes last month, it opened up a whole new door for creating without over-thinking. I needed a push or a shove to play this way and loved every minute of it.
The use of all the wonderful products was made so much clearer to me, and I gained more confidence in using them. So without further ado, I will lead you through my latest canvas adventure.
1. I start with a 9 x 14 inch canvas board, Clear Gesso and the Grungy Grid stencil.
2. When it was dry, I painted on Heavy Black Gesso and removed some of the paint with a baby wipe. Then I sprayed with various Mica Powder sprays.
3. I wanted some distinct contrast so I thinned down the Heavy White Gesso with a bit of water so I could let it splatter and run in areas of the canvas.
4. I added some canvas Resist Canvas Elementals along the side and bottom with 3D Gloss Gel.
5. Since I started out as a watercolor Artist, I wanted to use an old paint brush and some dried up tubes of watercolor paint in the piece.
I wanted the wings to say how I've flown to different levels and mediums in my Art, the glasses to denote that I keep my vision open to all things, the arrow ever pointing upward for my goals, and the ART and Journey plates that give the work a title. It kind of hurts your eyes right now, doesn’t it?
6. After gluing a majority of the pieces down, I covered sections of it with Clear Gesso.
7. I mixed several colors of Mica Powders with water in spray bottles and sprayed. I dried it in between and sprayed again.
8. This is how it begins to get all of its colors and layers. Many more colors and sprays are added for depth and color.
10. Sprays and Beads and Glass Glitter all make this piece come to life. They add more color and contrast.
11. I found that my heat tool kind of melted the bristles of the brush that only made it take color and waxes even better. See all the little beads and glitter added with Soft Gloss Gel?
12. I used Guilder's Wax and Inka Golds to create more color on the tops of certain elements.
13. I LOVE the contrast that you get with different paints and pastes here.
14. I decided the vintage ruler had to have something more... so a couple of Words were added to really make a statement.
That's what it's all about here... Creating Moments on an Artful Journey through life. I love the learning process of my journey. It's an honor to be with Finn's Creative Team.
Let us hear from you and show us what you can do on Finnabair and Friends – Open Studio on Facebook .
Your Friend in ART,