Monday 2 February 2015

Learn To Love

Hello, Friends!
Here we are - another special Monday to share some amazing work by my Creative Team.
Today we meet with Marta whose passion for art journaling is truly contagious.
I'm more than certain you'll feel inspired by her new journal spread - accompanied by a video tutorial so don't hesitate and create some beautiful pages, too!


Hello my darlings!
For those who know me, this is no surprise to see another art journal spread from me.
My love for mixed media journals is growing. I enjoy playing with backgrounds, creating textures and adding colours.
This work is exactly about that. I think it is a great project for begginers, it shows all the basic techniques with a twist. :)
One of the funny and unexpected art ingridients in this project were tea bags. Yes, tea bags. :)
You can see on the video how I incorporated the tea bags in my project.


I created my pages in one of my plain notebooks. I started with covering it with Heavy White Gesso. Then I added some papers and tea bags. :) You can see on the photo how the tea bags elements are peaking through.

When you are creating your background you can use anything you want - washi tapes, plasters, paper, old books, wall papers and so on. You don't always need fancy art products to achieve interesting and original effects.


I added some Modeling Paste and Light Paste through 'Honeycomb' stencil.
I played with lots of Lindy's Stamp Gang sprays to create the colourful backround.
Additionally, I added some stickers and a tissue butterfly.


And here's the video so that you can follow the whole process:



If you have any questions, I'll be happy to help.
I hope you will enjoy my journaling journey and I hope to get you inspired !
Happy creating.
Love, Marta xx

Materials used:

16 comments:

Unknown said...

How pretty, I love the muted colours.

Unknown said...

Thank you for the video and this amazing work! You are so talented 💜

Linda M. Cain said...

Absolutely LOVE this. Especially the colors.

Ann said...

Beautiful, love all the texture and colors.

Unknown said...

Pretty!!! Why use both modeling paste and light paste? Is it just for the difference in texture?

AngelkissesbyLinda said...

I loved your journal pages. How beautiful. I am going to give it a shot. TFS!

LucianaW said...

Stunning!!!! I love!!!

Carol McCready said...

Fantastic journal pages. Love all that texture.

Unknown said...

Marta is my favorite! Love her designs and videos

Maremi's Small Art said...

Modeling paste is more transparent after drying than light paste. You can achieve different texture and visibility. If you mix them together you never know the final effect, especilly when you start using colours on top of them. Mixing different mediums can bring unexpected results which could lead to a wonderful effects. I hope that is helpful. xx

Craftyfield said...

Lovely page Marta! I wonder why you used both types of Gesso on the page? As the paper is white I wouldn't expect a lot of difference between the two.

Maremi's Small Art said...

My page originally is yellowish... I used white gesso to achieve white colour, I used the transparent to still keep the original colour of the yellow page :) hope that make sense, hugs, Marta x

Dunja Trautmann said...

Hi Marta, i love your creation as always :) Could you tell me please, what type of book or underground do you use for your journaligs? Thank you in advance.

Big Hugs, Dunja xxx

Dolly B said...

Beautiful as always. If I need inspiration , I just need to watch one your tutorials. I find dried out tea bags are also great for stamping on and adding to layouts.
Mary

2amscrapper said...

wonderful video tutorial. loved watching your process to achieve such beautiful pages!

Astrid Maclean said...

Fabulous like always Marta! Love the colours!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...