Friday 20 February 2015

Color Riot

Hello, Friends!
So many of us are longing for spring, more light and color... I think Elena's new project is just like a gorgeous ray of sunshine in the middle of bleak February... Enjoy! 



Hello!
Today I would like to inspire you to experiment with alcohol inks. I have created a mini-album using bright vibrant colors of inks. That is what I really need to do on cloudy and moody days.


1. I covered cotton fabric with Heavy White Gesso. You may also use canvas instead.


2. The next step is to glue this fabric to the firm chipboard base using Soft Matte Gel.


3. Then I folded the fabric to create nice angles.



4. To create the texture I applied Light Paste through a stencil.


5. Then I painted with Alcohol Inks and used Alcohol Blending Solution to get smoother color transitions and gradients. 


Here are a few pics of the proccess.



7. When I was happy with the result, I started adding different embellishments adhering them with Soft Gloss Gel
For the final touches I added some delicious Art Ingredients: Sterling Glass Glitter, Zinc Glass Beads and Antique Silver Art Sugar.


So the cover is ready! Then I added some embellishments to the pages, created a handmade binding and added my pages into the cover.



Now I am waiting for the bright summer days to take photos of my kids and put them into this album!






The Alcohol Inks colors which I used are:

  • Sail Boad Blue
  • Stream
  • Eggplant
  • Butterscotch
  • Denim
  • Ginger
I hope I managed to inspire you to try out some alcohol inks from your stash. Thank you for reading!

Have a great creative time!
Elena Morgun

Materials used:



24 comments:

Lea said...

I love ♥ This project is amazing!

Naomi said...

Fantastic.

S@ndy Diller said...

The entire thing is simply beautiful!

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous colors, Elena.

Win Dinn, Artist said...

LOVE my alcohol inks, and this is a fabulous project use! Thanks...:D

doris said...

Fantastic ...!!

xoxo doris

Galina Sazonova said...

Боже, какая красота.)

Nirvana said...

Absolutely beautifuuuuuuul!!

Unknown said...

This is amazing, it makes me want to go and get me Alchy Inks and play too!! x

Kathy Bradley said...

So very beautiful, happy and bright - a wonderful album. The colors remind me of a bright sunny day with nice balmy temperatures. Thanks for sharing your step-by-step process.

crazy4atc said...

Beautiful,cheery project!

experiments in paper said...

Fantastic!! And so wonderful for these dreary late winter days to look ahead to spring and summer! Thank you for the step-outs - I just learning a lot of this and appreciate all the help I can get :-)
xx Lynn

margits bastelstube said...

Great & fabulous !!!
greetings
margit

Scrap-diva said...

Wow, LOVE the colour palette!

Julie Wilson said...

This is beautiful. Just one question, are the inside pages chipboard covered with fabric which has been covered in gesso as well. X

Annie said...

a stunning project and great step by step. Did you use a felt pad to apply the alcohol Inks or a brush ?

TFS Annie x

itsazoo said...

Gorgeous......

CarrieStephenson said...

Stunning, love the bright colours used. Great project.

Unknown said...

The colors are so beautiful. I am just in awe of the entire project. And all the pages inside too. It's just mind boggling to me how marvelous these all look. But you always make beauty when you create Elena. Someday I am going to play with alcohol inks too! Thanks so much for sharing. j.

Kirsten said...

Wow! That is stunning.

Beatrice Lawson said...

Just stunning. Wish I could lift it:-)

Ola (Ikemo) said...

Wooow!!!! I love it!

sandra de said...

Absolutely gorgeous project.

Scrapintheattic.com said...

Love the bright colours! I havnt tried painting with alcohol inks before, on my to do list now. Jan x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...