Tuesday 22 April 2014

Family Odyssey: Helena

In the last couple of days I finally could do something just to chill out, play and make my hands busy.  I have to admit I love creating like this: starting with a white page, choosing a photo and adding the elements which are somewhere nearby... old tickets, lace, thread, coin, tapes...


This way I keep filling my "Family Odyssey Journal" with new pages - it is not only a way to relax but my contemplation, making connections with my loved ones again - no matter how far from each other we are now. This page is about my grandma, Helena.The photo was taken outside her apartment block in Warsaw about 20 years ago. I loved visiting her and my grandpa - they loved us so much!



Most of the color comes from homemade tea stain, but there is more: some Gelatos, Watercolour Pencils, Archival Ink. You don't need much to express your feelings!


My book is getting bigger and bigger - and this really makes me happy :)
Soon I'll share some more pages, I promise.


Sending warmest hugs!

16 comments:

Miae said...

Beautiful page! And I love the whole idea of a family journal...many wonderful memories to journal about!

Helen said...

As always, your pages are full of texture and colour and fabulous photos packed with memories! Love this one.

Cathy McGrath said...

Your journal page looks amazing! Thanks for your inspiration. I am sure it will give you so much joy upon completion.

Scrapalex37/LaLouvea2Têtes said...

So beautiful !

AgnieszkaBe said...

Cudna...i strona i książka... i dzięki Tobie dojrzewa do mnie myśl, żeby samej sobie coś takiego sprawić :) Piękna pamiątka.

Maremi's Small Art said...

Cudenko !

Monika Januszewska-Rosik said...

Przepiękny wpis! Jak zawsze jestem pod wielkim wrażeniem.
Również zastanawiam się na zrobieniem podobnej księgi rodzinnej, świetny pomysł na zachowanie wspomnień :)

KAT said...

Stunning Finn! Love the circles with, I think, watercolor pencils around them! I am excited to see you again in the US at Donna Downey studios!!!

Carol McCready said...

Lovely page. Those colors are fantastic.

PetraB said...

This is fabulous, I love your page.

Sue said...

Another lovely layout and I adore your use of this old book for your family memories. Definitely something I'd like to try.

lilotte said...

Just beautiful !

Amy Weaver/The Weaver's Hand-Inspirational Mixed Media Artist said...

i absolutely love everything about this! the theme...the colors...the elements. simply exquisite!

LISA said...

Amazingly beautiful. It all started with a blank canvas and you have bought it to life!!

agnés said...

Encore une merveille.
Bises

Maura said...

I am really liking your color combination on these pages.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...