Monday 30 March 2015

A Souvenir

My Friends...
New Monday = new inspiring artwork by my Team! :)
Today we have Monika who created a breathtaking cover for her new art journal. Book Art at its best!!

And speaking of my Team - I hope you haven't missed this amazing post they prepared sharing their thoughts and inspirations about their favorite products. The girls did such a brilliant job!
Will you share your product pick with us? :)

http://tworzysko.blogspot.com/2015/03/just-one-product.html

And now get ready to be amazed... :)


Hello!
Today, I'd like to show you a cover of my art journal with lots of textures, embelishments and colors.
I had so much fun creating it!

My new art journal is a vintage book that I bought a while ago. It was waiting for two months before I decided to finally alter it.


First - as always - I reached for Heavy White Gesso but this time I had to apply three layers of it - it turned out that the originally red cover of my book kept staining. Finally, I gave up and decided I will be ok with a slightly pinkish color - I often use it in my works, so why not?! ;)

I added some paper tapes and a new stamp from the Old Town set.


After drying, I added all the metal elements (including Mechanicals) some of which I cut into pieces (for example the flowers).
Once again, the best product to glue all these trinkets turned out to be Soft Gloss Gel.


Then I reached for Micro Beads (Bronze & Copper) - first, I was applying them rather carefully but later on, when I got the feel of them - I was more brave to use these beautiful tiny elements.
As for the color, I used one of my favorites among Finnabair's latest release - Mica Powders in Pink and Teal.


I added some freehand stamping with Messy stamp and a couple of drops of Old Paper Distress Ink.


I decided to place a clock face on one of the caps and added even more Micro Beads and some gold Silks paint.



Finally, a layer of Clear Crackle Paste (I can't stop myself from using it...) and I left the whole piece to dry.



I hope I inspired you to create your own art journal covers.
Hugs!

Monika

Materials used:

14 comments:

michelle said...

Inspiring I think I need to find a old book. I love the pink showing through a layer of the past to the present is always very cool

Carol McCready said...

A beautiful journal cover. I love the addition of those microbeads.

Anita's blog said...

Gorgeous! Love it!

Sandra C. said...

Awesome!!!! Love this! I have the perfect cover to use!

Frollein Rabenschwarz said...

Oh how delicious those microbeads look...I´m afraid I can´t withstand those beauties any longer. Thanks so much for this great inspiration.

Kathy Bradley said...

Your journal cover is really beautiful - and the mechanicals, beads and micas are all perfect.

Kathy G. said...

Wow - this is stunning. I love how this turned out.

Ann said...

Wonderful cover, it turned out beautiful.

Anonymous said...

I tried micro beads on a collage recently. I bought a ton of colors on clearance. What medium did you use to affix yours? I had roly poly issues. Thanks in advance! Love love love your altered cover!

KOLOROWY ptak said...

Ladies, I want you to know how much I appreciate your kind words!
Gina, I used Soft Gloss Gel :) but sometimes I use Soft Matte Gel too.

Anonymous said...

Thank you Monika, I will try that. :-)
Keep makin' beautiful stuff, you inspire me.

Cecilia said...

I love this cover!!! Thanks for sharing.

The Colour Press said...

Definitely inspiring.

Alice Saltiel-Marshall said...

This is just so damned yummy!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...