Monday 6 July 2015

Matte, Gloss and Shine

Hi everyone!
Would you ever think that gloss and matte go together?
Riikka's here today with another of her sensational creations, proving that matte & gloss might actually work pretty (!) well. ;)



This project has its inspiration in the Mica Powders - their lustre and shine on dark surfaces.
In my last project I used Mica Powders to make my own mists and this time I’m using them on Black Gesso.
This idea presented itself when I was doing another layout and happened to spray the teal mist on top of a dark brown paper. So for this page I created my own dark paper by coating a cardboard with Black Gesso.


The page is just an inspiration piece for myself – like here I come, looking forward to the future.


The soft pinks and golden hues are taken from the photo and I used them throughout the piece.
I also played with the matte and glossy surfaces. Black Gesso dries matte, whereas Gloss Gel is glossy like the name says. The gel’s glossiness is yet different from the shine of the Micas.
And if you look carefully, there’s also some glimmer of Glitter in there.



Enjoy my video tutorial:



Products from Mixed Media Place:

9 comments:

famillemarleau said...

It looks amazing. I love it. Thanks for sharing, Johanne Lacombe

Carole Dion said...

Awesome !!!Love the backgroud with black Gesso !!

Unknown said...

Great layout! Thanks for mentioning the triangular shape of the composition- I love that you highlighted it with the mists and the sideways V embellishments.

Unknown said...

Oh my Rikka - they are spellbinding on black... sooooo gorgeous. What a beautiful project. Thanks bunches for sharing your discovery! j.

Kathy Bradley said...

Riikka,
Oh my gosh, so gorgeous. I love the black background with the pretty mists of color - and the embellies are lovely around your beautiful photo. Thanks for sharing the video.

LucianaW said...

Beautiful project! Thanks for sharing!!!xo

mamablitger said...

Love your layout. It's AMAZING ! I also love to use dark backgrounds and often made them black by using black gesso. Thank you for creating a lovely video tutorial. It's very inspiring. And by the way : love the way you treated the flowers with Art Sugar.. Gonna try that...
Hugs from Monica... Spain

Unknown said...

Awesome page! Love the effect on black base!

Unknown said...

Love the color combo you used and the LO design is beautiful. Such wonderful inspiration!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...