Strony

▼

Monday, 5 October 2026

Masquerade by Lori Woods

Hello creative friends! For this project I gave a new lease of life to an abandoned project. Taking inspiration from the image already on the background and the upcoming spooky season of costumes and masks, I decided to make the features the focus and create a ‘mask’ over the rest of the face.


I started by painting over the background covering the base and areas of the image I wanted to cover. I then layered the moulds around the image and covered this in a base colour of sparks paint. I used waxes to create areas of different colour and highlight, with some sugar pebbles as the finishing touch.




You can watch the full process video here: 


Finnabair products used - all the images linked to the Mixed Media Place online store:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please note: leaving a comment on this website means you agree for us to store and process your data (such as user ID) for communication, education and marketing purposes. More information on our Privacy Policy is listed on the blog.