Strony

Friday, 21 August 2026

Perfection is Overrated - by Lanette Erickson

Hello All, You Amazing Creative People!

Today I am sharing a tiny reversed canvas filled with texture, color, and lots of creative details! For this project, I focused on the sentiment “Perfection is Overrated”—because sometimes the most beautiful art happens when we simply let go, get a little messy, and have fun creating!

I started by adding a mix of Finnabair Resin Elements to the background, creating lots of dimension and interest. Next, I added layers of texture before bringing in lots of gorgeous color using a mix of Liquid Acrylics and Impasto Paints.

Once I had my colors where I wanted them, I used dry brushing to bring back the details and highlight all those wonderful raised textures. I love how the layers of color and texture work together to create a little piece that is full of personality!


And, of course, I had to add a little dress form and some beautiful flowers to finish it off! After all… perfection may be overrated, but a little sparkle and a few flowers are always a good idea! 


Thank you so much for stopping by today! I hope I’ve inspired you in some small way to let go of perfection, get a little messy, and spend some creative time in your art space. Most importantly, have FUN creating!



Until next time,

Hugs & Have FUN Creating!

Lanette

Finnabair products used - all the images linked to the Mixed Media Place online store:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please note: leaving a comment on this website means you agree for us to store and process your data (such as user ID) for communication, education and marketing purposes. More information on our Privacy Policy is listed on the blog.