Monday 16 July 2018

“The Traveller” Mixed Media Canvas Tutorial by Sanda Reynolds

Hi there, Friends!

I am so excited with my newly released products!!! Today Sanda shows you wonderful colour effects and textures created with my new Opal Magic Paints and Texture Fantasy pastes. Emerge yourself into the depth of the ocean watching great video tutorial by Sanda and see my new products being used to create this beautiful sea scene.

*  *  *  *

“The heart of man is very much like the sea, it has its storms, it has its tides and in its depths, it has its pearls too” ― Vincent van Gogh, The Letters of Vincent van Gogh

Hello, my friends,
I am back today with a new project for the Team – a mixed media canvas with a very summery feel, filled with all the goodness of Finn’s NEW paints and texture pastes.
So, grab a cuppa, relax and let me show you what I prepared for you…
***
I began by applying a coat of White Heavy Gesso on a wooden, 8 x 8 inches. canvas. When the gesso was dry, I spread a generous layer of Modeling Paste with a palette knife. I also cut several pieces of Finnabair Resist Canvas and pressed them down, into the wet Modeling Paste. Then I added another layer the paste on the bottom part of my canvas.



To create my composition, I embedded into the Modeling Paste two pieces of handspun yarn I made a while ago, seashells and Finnabair Art Stones. I left everything to dry overnight.
Next morning, I covered the collage with white heavy gesso and dried it with my heating tool.
For painting the upper part of the panel, I chose Finn’s NEW Opal Magic paints in Teal-Blue, Blue-Violet and Teal-Pink together with Art Alchemy Metallique Lime Peel.
I can’t tell you how beautiful, creamy and vibrant these new paints are… They are indeed magical!
I spread the paints into the resist canvas and spritzed them with water to encourage them to move and create drips.


For the bottom part of the panel, I picked Finnabair’s NEW Texture Fantasy paste sets (Anemone and Coral, Junkyard Treasures, Old Walls and Northern Lights).
These new sets are simply fabulous – the same rust paste texture in new, brilliant, gorgeous colours! If you like texture, you’ll just love them!


Going back to my project, I spread the pastes using Finn’s dabbing brush, working in layers, from dark to light. When I was pleased with the result, I added some highlights with Art Alchemy Opal magic Green-Gold.



To unify my painting, I used Art Alchemy Metallique Emerald Green and sponged some white Heavy Gesso to suggest the foam of the waves.





Here is my video where you can watch my creative process and see the products I used. Enjoy and have fun!





I hope you’ve got inspired by this project and you are ready to try some of these techniques in your artwork.


Have a lovely day, my friends,
Sanda xoxo





Products I have used - all the images linked to Mixed Media Place online store




New products:
966126 - Art Alchemy - Opal Magic Acrylic Paint - Blue-Violet
966096 - Art Alchemy - Opal Magic Acrylic Paint - Teal-Pink
966102 - Art Alchemy - Opal Magic Acrylic Paint - Teal-Blue
966010- Art Extravagance Rust Paste – Texture Fantasy – Junkyard Treasures
966027 - Art Extravagance Rust Paste – Texture Fantasy – Northern Lights
966034 - Art Extravagance Rust Paste – Texture Fantasy – Old Walls
966041 - Art Extravagance Rust Paste – Texture Fantasy – Anemone and Coral

1 comment:

Sue Lelli said...

WOW! Truly AMAZING! This is my FAV thing you have done. Kinda helps that I LOVE the beach! Gorgeous colors and design! THX for the inspiring video. It was so interesting to see your process!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...