Monday 28 May 2018

Best Day Ever

Hello dear Friends!
We're starting the last week of May with Tanyalee's brand new mixed media canvas and it's so beautifully touching and personal that I'm sure you'll feel inspired to create one of your own.
You'll love this new tutorial, please enjoy!

*   *   *   *
Welcome back for another process video of a mixed media canvas that I created using Finnabair’s products.
I have created a memory for my husband and I as we are celebrating our 20th wedding anniversary this year.
I started with a mini 6x6 inch canvas and layed down some ephemera pieces such as paper offcuts, vintage music sheets, stamped paper and muslin cloth which I glued down with Soft Matte Gel Medium.

I also added some Pumice Texture Paste from the Art Extravagance Stone Effect Pastes set and some Light Paste through a 'Doily' stencil.
Once the base layer was dry, I added a coat of Heavy White Gesso to even out the colours but still left the text peek through.
Then I created an ombre background using Art Alchemy Impasto and Sparks acrylic paints.
Next, I fussy cut the photo and lay it down with the pre-decorated tag gluing them down with 3D Matte Gel.
Then I created a frame at the bottom with more Mini Art Stones, muslin and some Melange Art Pebbles pieces.

Once everything was dry, I rubbed over some Art Alchemy Vintage Gold Wax to create a vintage effect, and added the word stickers.
Here's my video tutorial so you can see step by step how I created my special little canvas.







I hope you have enjoyed this new art project of mine.

I'm looking forward to sharing another tutorial with you again next month!

Yours in messiness









Products used:
 

2 comments:

na.olsen said...

Just beautiful ! Thank you for the inspiration, I think I'll do something similar for my daughter and son in law anniversary.

Sue Lelli said...

THIS is just beyond GORGEOUS! WOW!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...