Friday 1 December 2017

Christmas Box

Hello December!
For many of us it's a magical time for festive preparations and exactly the time to pull out White Gesso, Snowflake Paste and Glitter. :)
Today Kasia is sharing her beautiful idea how to transform an ordinary wooden box into a wintery wonderland gift idea. Enjoy!

*   *   *   *
I have to tell you that this is my favorite time of the year. I just love Christmas and all these slightly kitschy decorations, glitter, bling, snowflakes - I find them all very inspiring.
That's why I had to show you one of my Christmas projects here. I altered a box that could make a great gift in itself, but you might as well fill it with little trinkets or sweets or use it as an original packaging for a present.
I took an ordinary wooden box, glued some chipboard snowflakes on it, then applied some Soft Matte Gel and generously sprinkled the surface with Mini Art Stones which created a really special texture.

Then I painted my box with Jade Impasto Paint and White Gesso. I applied a few layers of gesso, paint, then gesso again.
I wanted to achieve the effect of a snowy box with a vintage feel and delicate tones and colors.
You can watch the whole process in my video below.
I arranged the main composition out of paper straws, little bells, white string and natural elements like twigs, cones and berries. Everything was covered with White Gesso to better blend my decorations into the background.

At the very end I added Snowflake Paste that perfectly imitates sparkling snow and luminous Pearl Glass Glitter for crystal frost. These products are must-haves for all my wintery projects!
The edges of the box are inked with Distress Ink and look even softer with a touch of Art Alchemy Bronze Age Metallique Wax to add some glow and shadowing with Artisan Powder.

Let's not forget about the beautiful wintery Mechanicals: Vintage Snowflakes and Winter Trinkets!
Please enjoy my video and I hope I'll inspire you to make some winter inspired mixed media creations!




Creating your own Christmas decorations, pretty packaging and gifts is such a lot of fun and I hope I'll inspired you to make something special for your near and dear.

Can you feel the festive mood already? :)

Happy creating!
xx
Kasia








Products used:

9 comments:

Viktoriya Porechnaya said...

Wow! It's great!!

Mashkina Olena said...

very beautiful box

Catherine111 said...

Thank you for sharing.
This is a lovely creation. I do not see the product you used to distress the surface. It appears to be several shades in a set. Are you able to provide information on this?

Toni said...

This is just stunning... so enjoyed your video..thank you for the inspiration !

Kasia Bogatko said...

Catherine, I used this Archival ink set - http://rangerink.com/?product=tim-holtz-distress-mixed-media-archival-ink-palette I really love this product :)

DD Wilson said...

Love this box!! I too would like to know the brand of 4 shades of ink in one container. Also the chip board angel. That and the bells are the best. Hope to get some info on these products. Thanks.....good job

Kasia Bogatko said...

DD Wilson - thank you :) I used Archival Ink set - http://rangerink.com/?product=tim-holtz-distress-mixed-media-archival-ink-palette And the angel is from Polish chipboards company - Artistiko.

Marlena - Scrap-Artki said...

WOW! Piękna sprawa <3 dzięki za świetny filmik, uwielbiam takie projekty, pozdrawiam serdecznie

Sue Lelli said...

Just GORGEOUS, Kasia! LOVE the video!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...